Observation

steve sells

My son and I went to a box store last night after supper to look for a new printer. While in there I had to look into the audio room to look around and saw what looked from the side like Palladium series speakers in there. I had to take a closer look. As I entered I got around to the front of those speakers and saw they had three 5 or 6 inch woofers, and then as I got closer, I noticed the pioneer tag on it, and its very low price tag.

I thought it would take longer to have companies start to impersonate new designs, that group did take too long.

Of course they were not playing at the time, the display system was the Klipsch Synergy system backed up by a 12 inch Sub. When a salesman asked if I was looking to upgrade my system. I said I am always looking, but just the printer today. I could not really tell him they dont sell anything that I think could be an upgrade to my reference series, that would be rude. But seemed odd seeing what looked at fast glance to be the high end Kipsch in there.

Edited by steve sells

Pioneer makes the S1-EX and a line to go with it. They were actually developed by TAD (owned by Pioneer) and have TAD labels on the back. When they went to market, they added Pioneer logos on the grills. They are excellent speakers and on par with B&W 800's.

They look nothing like a Palladium.

Someone who was over recognized the Pioneer speakers but had no clue what the Klipsch speakers were when I had them in the same room.

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns