House fire caused by 9 volt battery!

tube fanatic

My neighbors house caught fire earlier this year from a nicad battery charger that was charging a tool battery. They have been without a home now for 6 months while the house is being rebuilt (insurance has them in an apartment). Since this happened I unplug all battery chargers.

My neighbors house caught fire earlier this year from a nicad battery charger that was charging a tool battery. They have been without a home now for 6 months while the house is being rebuilt (insurance has them in an apartment). Since this happened I unplug all battery chargers.

I got lucky here this summer, plugged in my r/c cars battery went down stairs to do something. Came up and the garage was full of smoke, some how the battery got to hot and exploded or caught fire. Anyway nothing was damaged ( other then the battery and charger). But sometimes we get comfortable and leave things going, its a good thing my wife is a stickler about leaving things unplugged even crock pots. You know how many folks leave those on while they are at work. Now is important time as many as people leave their Christmas lights on. I wish all a wonderful and safe holiday season.