Need help? Building system $4000 budget

Timothy1180

• Moderators
youth did you get a chance to try the towers as lcr?

No I didn't. It's not easy to get behind the amp to run a separate speaker wire out to the main area. I sold a pair to WakeJunkie so I no longer have (3) RF-7ii to try that with.

Personally, I think you are building your setup backwards. Usually you try and build your front stage first as you want it and then let the surrounds follow. Surrounds are ancillary and are only used a small percentage of the time with your center used the most with your left and right following suit very closely. You don't have to get rs-62's, you could get way with rs52's but that's a choice you need to make.

^^^ this is correct. Unless you get a better deal on a set of speaks I would do the front 3 first. The surrounds aren't nearly as important and can be added later. Props for thinking ahead, but you might change your mind after hearing the "main" 3.

Ron

• Moderators

It looks like you will need to remove the rear feet to fit within 13.5". As you can see in my pic below, the rear feet extend around 1.5" - 2" (not at home to measure). The RF-7ii are 11.6" wide without the feet so that would only give you 1" clearance on each side.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg