Flexi-stand

T2K

Keith - There are two basic ways to do this and I really prefer the four legged approach as opposed to the three leg TNT flexistand solution. I think it offers a far more rigid platform and with the threaded rods, is easily adjustable. Three legs is not a great solution.

Here are two basic links that provide you with a basic background. You can customize on both. But I would opt for the 4 legs for the optimum rigidity. I made one myself years ago and it has worked GREAT except for the Linn table, which prefers a less massive solution.

All these stands are copies of the original Michael Green Justarack and DELUXE Justarack stands. The Deluxe version is a BEAST.

Soundstage Four Leg Stand

http://www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize061998.htm

Flexirack Three leg stand

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/flexye.html

It's a great solution that came be very nice looking if you put some time into it. The Soundstage approach can be improved upon cosmetically.

Drop me a mail for help.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-11-2002 at 11:53 AM

Keith,

I made a double flexy using 3/4" oak plywood instead of MDF and it turned out great. Mine has 8ea 24"x24" shelves, but only has 6 legs. I stained it to match my tv stand, I also have about $120 in mine. I found info at TNT Audio web site.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/diyracks.html

Greg

------------------

HK AVR20 II

Toshiba DVD

32" Toshiba TV

Odyssey Stratos

1976 LaScala's Front L&R

KV-1 Center

KG 1.5 Rear L&R

KSW-12 Sub

Two-Channel

Fisher 800C Receiver

1976 Klipach LaScala's

Teac CDP

Pioneer TT

WOW! Thanks for the quick responses!

A friend of mine is considering a stand that would provide both storage for components and a stand for his TV. The stand/rack in the link Ed provided seems to fit the bill(thanks ED).

I'm considering replacing my currently full rack,when the next component comes along,so the other links are also helpful. Thanks. I'll contact you mobile regarding those tips when the time comes. Thanks for the offer.

And Doug, if it was a recent e-mail, I didn't receive it. I'm beginning to believe the BB e-mail thingy doesn't work. I've e-mailed a couple members in the last few months and wondered if the mails were received.

Anyway, thanks again to all.

Keith

i was just about to begin building a rack, maybe this one will be an option. the one i was going to build i found at The Home Store and cost like $299.... where as this would be much cheaper, and easier to replicate. thanx!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>