Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kris m

MWM, MSM, MSSM Questions

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking at a auction that has 4 MWM's, 2 MSM's, and MSSM's for sale. I have a couple questions about these speakers that I was hoping some of you may be able to answer. The speakers are the stage version coming with handles. The speakers all work but I won't have a chance to hear them in person. The cabinets are in decent shape.

1) What is a fair price for these speakers. I expect I can pick these up for under 500 which I assume is a decent price. I also have to factor in $200 for me to pick them up.

2) Will I need to source the MTM's. From what I've seen these are part of the MCM, which is what these are?

3) Are these good sounding speakers (hard to find much on them)

I have the reference series in my living room and really enjoy the Klipsch sound and wouldn't mind having these in my basement if its worth it.

47311.1.jpg

Thats a pic of them

Edited by kris m
1 person likes this

Nice find. Spectacular price! The whole system is the MCM 1900. You will find two "tweeter" options, the MTM (5 piezo) or MMTM (4 K-78). You need one of these rare items for each stack. I see you have the passive crossovers.

Lucky you to have the space, good luck do not hesitate one moment. :D

Welcome to the forums. chris

Edited by mach-1
1 person likes this

Thanks for the info. Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me

"Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me?" There are forum members that have MCM 1900 systems, perhaps they will chime in. Price new was approx $400/pair for MTMs, depending on dress.

You might put a WTB in the garage section. It could be a good DIY project, maybe just one newer tweeter in a small box. Or if you want the pizeo driver horns, they are on eBay for small $. chris

Edited by mach-1

top so I may find this easier

1 person likes this

"Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me?" There are forum members that have MCM 1900 systems, perhaps they will chime in. Price new was approx $400/pair for MTMs, depending on dress.

You might put a WTB in the garage section. It could be a good DIY project, maybe just one newer tweeter in a small box. Or if you want the pizeo driver horns, they are on eBay for small $. chris

Contact Bob Crites he can help you out with this .

You could just use the MWM bottoms and add a K402 horn on top. There are some on here who have done that.

Bruce