• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kris m

kris m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm looking at a auction that has 4 MWM's, 2 MSM's, and MSSM's for sale. I have a couple questions about these speakers that I was hoping some of you may be able to answer. The speakers are the stage version coming with handles. The speakers all work but I won't have a chance to hear them in person. The cabinets are in decent shape.

1) What is a fair price for these speakers. I expect I can pick these up for under 500 which I assume is a decent price. I also have to factor in $200 for me to pick them up.

2) Will I need to source the MTM's. From what I've seen these are part of the MCM, which is what these are?

3) Are these good sounding speakers (hard to find much on them)

I have the reference series in my living room and really enjoy the Klipsch sound and wouldn't mind having these in my basement if its worth it.

47311.1.jpg

Thats a pic of them

Edited by kris m, 04 February 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#2 mach-1

mach-1

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

Nice find. Spectacular price! The whole system is the MCM 1900. You will find two "tweeter" options, the MTM (5 piezo) or MMTM (4 K-78). You need one of these rare items for each stack. I see you have the passive crossovers.

Lucky you to have the space, good luck do not hesitate one moment. :D

Welcome to the forums. chris

Edited by mach-1, 07 February 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#3 kris m

kris m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for the info. Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me

#4 mach-1

mach-1

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

"Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me?" There are forum members that have MCM 1900 systems, perhaps they will chime in. Price new was approx $400/pair for MTMs, depending on dress.

You might put a WTB in the garage section. It could be a good DIY project, maybe just one newer tweeter in a small box. Or if you want the pizeo driver horns, they are on eBay for small $. chris

Edited by mach-1, 05 February 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#5 Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

Klipsch Walnut Oiled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • LocationBeauvoir, Mississippi

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

top so I may find this easier

posted from my iPhone, kindly ignore spell "corrections"

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC TC-P60UT50 PLASMA 3D HDTV, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK Blu ray (iPhone APPs), SONY STR-DE1075 (SURROUND, SB, WIDE), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 Blu ray/HD DVD, iPod nano 8 GB, COMCAST HD DVR, KLIPSCH La Scala, 1980, Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers with Sonicaps (THANKS to Forum Member snailtrax) FRONT, KLIPSCH HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" SURROUND (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), HERESY II CENTER (eBay) & SURROUND BACK (Thanks to Forum Member Craig List), kg2 WIDE (THANKS to Forum Member Rivernuggets) kg1 Rear HEIGHT, kg3 Front HEIGHT, RW-12d Subwoofer, km-rsw

Captain, Mississippi Nat'l Guard (Retired)

#6 kg4guy

kg4guy

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

"Any idea how much a pair of MTM's will cost me?" There are forum members that have MCM 1900 systems, perhaps they will chime in. Price new was approx $400/pair for MTMs, depending on dress.

You might put a WTB in the garage section. It could be a good DIY project, maybe just one newer tweeter in a small box. Or if you want the pizeo driver horns, they are on eBay for small $. chris

Contact Bob Crites he can help you out with this .

Klipsch MCM 3 way DIY tri amped with DBX Processor, Danley Sound Labs TH118 x 3 and SH95 x 4 bi amped with DBX processor. Altec A6's passive , KP 201-II's , KP 201's

#7 Marvel

Marvel

Klipsch Forum Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,220 posts
  • LocationRossville, GA just South of Chattanooga TN

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

You could just use the MWM bottoms and add a K402 horn on top. There are some on here who have done that.

Bruce

"I hear Mariachi static on my radio and the tubes they glow in the dark..."
-- Warren Zevon

#8 kris m

kris m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Bidding went to 503 but it didnt meet reserve :(