What is your HT bottleneck?

javelin

My bottleneck is room treatments, but it's hard to chose what to get and where to put it.

I am happy with the system, a mix of Heritage and Cinema, THT sub EQ'ed via miniDSP, projector and AT screen in a 18x20' room without windows. But I spent years without a real ceiling, just 6 inches of Roxul between joists and a thin sheet of plastic underneath. It sounded great! Then I put in a ceiling with painted 2x2' tiles and had an echo! It has diminished quite a lot with the addition of the big HT furniture, but I know I need panels on the walls to bring it back.

True enough!

I wonder... since I have all that Roxul up there, would there be any benefit to me replacing some tiles with stretched fabric to let the sound up into the cavity to disperse there?

That's how I did mine , found they made a big difference . Still need to make two more for the ceiling . To bad you live 6 hours away ,tell you stop by.

How much of it is fabric? Is it all of the middle section of the ceiling?

Great idea. But I wonder how many tile I would have to replace with fabric in order to make a difference. Guess all I need to do to find out is remove some tiles!

Edited by psg

• 2 weeks later...

My HT bottleneck is the fact that I don't have a dedicated HT room. Otherwise, my family room HT sounds awesome. I could use some acoustic treatments though.

Bill

You should do it, easy to do and I found it made a huge difference. I was really surprised

You should do it, easy to do and I found it made a huge difference. I was really surprised

Remember, my HT is in a family room, so WAF is very important. Though she has allowed 5 subwoofers in there. I'll start with drapes on the windows behind my RF-63's.

Bill

post-24680-0-78520000-1393981915_thumb.j

• Like 1