Gordon Lightfoot

T2K

Thinking about buying the DVD from DVDPlanet,fini. The DVD features other artists, and I wanted GL's performance of his original songs rather than someone else's. So I thought I'd ask here. Evidently we are much younger than most other members here.

Keith

Keith- Let's keep this conversation going--just the two of us. When you quickly scroll down the row of avatars, it looks like you're eating my sandwich.

Have you ever heard guitarist Tony Rice? He's a big fan of Lightfoot, and covers his songs on many of his albums.

fini

This message has been edited by fini on 07-14-2002 at 12:48 AM

Chomp, chomp, slurp, burrrrrp! Tony Rice played with David Grisman. Calls his form of music "Spacegrass." Very well regarded player. I'll send some recommendations, if ya want. His mandolin player on the album "Still Inside", John Reichmann (sp?) played at our wedding (not yours and mine, you nut), in another group, The Good Ol' Persons (bluegrass) back in '87.

fini

p.s. Good reviews on the Lightfoot DVD @ Amazon. It's in DTS, too!

Although I don't know what I'd do with a couple of blood-sucking parasites (tics {sic}), I'd chug a couple of 42 oz.er's for nuttin', honey.

fini

p.s. Boa, you referring to Lightfoot, Rice, or Reichmann?

...does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minuites to hours?..

...sundown-you'd better take care, if i find you've been creepin 'round my back stairs...

...i don't know why i feel this way, but i've got to say that i just don't get it. i don't know where we went wrong,but the feelin's gone and i just can't get it back..

hey!-at least y'all didn't have to HEAR me sing it.

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I wanted to share a little Gordon Lightfoot story. First of all I should mention my girlfriend and I are generally not into Lightfoot's stuff. Well anyway we came home one night at our apartment complex and ran into this neighbor guy Terry who was this 40ish Jimmy Buffet lookin' cat. We didn't really know him at all. He starts saying in a really drunken stupor "Hey! You guys wanna come over and smoke a bowl? I just got a new Gordon Lighfoot album". It wasn't very inviting so we turned ol' Terry down. Sorry Terry. Of course we started making fun of Terry the second we entered our apartment. We imitated his invite and somehow morphed Gordon Lightfoot's name into GOLDEN LIGHTFORK. He is now forever known as Golden Lightfork in my household. I think I made my girlfriend listen to The Ballad of the Edmund Fitzgerald because she'd never even heard of him. End of Story.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Wrong. It was as entertaining as Golden Lightfork.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input Mikekid.

I ordered this DVD and another two weeks ago and the USPS can't seem to get em delivered. At least DVDPlanet just keeps on sending more without a hassle. If I ever get them I'll post comments.

Keith