Speaker Stands for Heresys

KLund1

Stands for Heresy. Where can I buy stands to raise them about 30 inch. All the stands I see are for light wieght satillite speakers. I need some that can hold a pair on Herseies firmly, and won't easily tip over. I can't find any on the web. I don't want to have the new baby crushed, and I do not want fingers poking into the grill. Please help

KLund1

Well, you can always make and install some industrial motorboards in the Heresys (unless they are Heresy II models) and leave the grilles off...instead of putting them on speaker stands...that way the woofer will be protected...then you can leave them on the floor. Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Klund1:

I might hate to admit it, but about a year ago, I got a nice pair of heavy stands for my Heresy's from Circuit City. They were about $70, black and very solid. I never had a problem with tipping of worrying that they might fall over. (Of course, with almost any stand, you can force them over if you try ((or a 2 year old tries!))). I used the Heresy's as surrounds and they were at the perfect height.

As above, Audio Advisor or Parts Express are good sources also.

Jobman

------------------

Cornwalls (borrowed from Jazman - THANKS)

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster Interconnects.

Forte II's

• 4 weeks later...

KLund1, I searched the Audio stores in my area for quite some time,not finding any suitable stands. I went to WAL-MART,and bought some unfinished barstools. They were cheap and allowed me to move them around for optimum placement. I now sit on these because I ment to a statuary and bought some really nice looking planter stands. The barstools are to my best recollection,27"high,and the planter stands are 29". The planter stands are concrete and stable as a rock. The barstools are very stable but the planterstands just look better.

Well you could certainly make some stands out of veneered plywood, basically a box and finish to match your speakers. For added stability, you could fill them with sand or other material. You could make them simple or fancy.

------------------

Klipschorns and Moondogsc>

Here's a couple of suggestions:

Skip the CC's, BB's, and stereo shops - go to a pro-audio store, like a Mars Music or any other store that sells musician-grade components. Most of their stands are designed for heavier speakers and will go to high heights. Pricing is usually the same or less than home theater grade stuff and is usually better built. I bought one to hold a Klipsch Academy (33 lbs) behind and at above TV height (setting it directly on the TV turned the screen green from magnetic interference). The stand was $49.95 and rated for 100 lbs.

Go to your local plant shop and check out plant stands. I bought a pair of wrought-iron stands that were the perfect height and built heavy enough to hold Cornwalls. Set me back $30.00 for the pair!

If you don't care too much about how it looks, CMU blocks from any building supply store work nicely. Then stop by the fabric store and buy some fabric to cover them with.

I built speaker stands for my Heresys out of plywood. They are much shorter than 30" though, I don't think I would trust plywood to be low resonance up to 30".