Theater build 2.0

MichaelandKlipsch

Been away for a couple months completing the theater. Sneak peak of the Alfredsons Cinema 2.0. Decided to build the theater I have wanted from day 1. Totaling 491 hours of work. Went through a major upgrade and redesigned from the ground up. Triple coats of paint on the moldings, walls and black theater paint on the ceiling, Legrande/Adorne lighting and indicator switch’s and receptacles. Can lights removed and replaced with 6” halo lights, Air ducts and ventilation replaced with oil rubbed bronze hardware as well as door lever and hinges. Railing replaced, Sconce lighting added, 132” Stewart Filmscreen 2.35.1 scoped fixed screen installed and anchored to the wall. Movie poster light box added in the staircase entrance featuring a rare vintage 1993 promo double sided Jurassic park poster, Acoustic panels added and leveled around the entire room and staircase, In wall audio rack housing all the amps and equipment, and (2) 20 amp dedicated circuits installed to power it all up. Detailed photos coming soon. Next up is a anamorphic lens from panamorph.

post-52289-0-32420000-1395678754_thumb.j

post-52289-0-97860000-1395678813_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cool looking room, the title is a little deceiving, I had to look at your "my system" to figure it out, I thought you were running a 2.0 system in your theater room. Was about to ask why no sub ?

Very nice, the lighting looks cool, when you get a chance add some pics with a little more light so we can see your work. :emotion-21:

Cool looking room, the title is a little deceiving, I had to look at your "my system" to figure it out, I thought you were running a 2.0 system in your theater room. Was about to ask why no sub ?

Very nice, the lighting looks cool, when you get a chance add some pics with a little more light so we can see your work. :emotion-21:

agreed on the title. I was super excited to see a new 2.0 setup that you bought and did.
  • Like 1

Installing the in wall rack this coming week then I will take some better photos. Sorry for the title. Just the same 2.0 system of the rf7s and p2 amp. Though I've been looking at some triad gold monitors. They are pretty sweet but it's hard to give up klipsch. :/ friend has a triad gold theater sounds great. Might sell the p2 and do am older tube amp one day but not sure if its better suited towards heritage speakers with a tube amp like Cornwalls lascalas khorns etc. scrappy what do use use wih your corns?

Lit, or not, your theater looks very nice.

Well vacuumed, too!

I still have a tube television, so no HT.

Haha thanks man, it stays vacuumed as my wife and I are the only ones in the house and she for some reason is scarred to go in there alone. Not sure why lol. I stay in there as often as I can but usually spend more time looking at threads and other peoples builds then in my own room. I need to grab a good camera to do pics with one day instead of a darn phone. Youth pointed me out to a Nikon D90 and i have seen them go for around 3-400 bucks. Should pick one up one day. or….. get Youth up here next time he passes by. Youth group or not next time you go past Charleston I demand to meet you in person Youth haha.

Will do Dtel, I took down my old photos already. I planned to do a good hour of photographing from top to bottom and getting all the details of it all but I am finishing the last step on the 5th of april installing the in wall audio rack. I wanted to wait till that is completed. Going to have a very similar design to PSG’s in wall rack with the exception of the molding being a different and of course the color will be painted the same color as my moldings. Then I’ll have my friend over to photograph it all. I don’t have a great camera.