Cornwall II's tonight

jimjimbo

OK, so it's not 2 channel, but I wanted to comment here on putting my 1988 CW II's into a 5.1 config to watch the movie "Gravity" on BRD. With two Def Tech Subs split, and KG 1.5's as surrounds, KV-3 Center, all I can say is Wow, wow, wow. Fantastic. The CW's just brought so much "force" to the sound effects, it was very, very, impressive.

Way to go!! Ever think about working some Heresy's into the mix or an Academy? I'd love to try an all Heritage HT someday. Right now, the Cornwalls are in my 2 ch system and I use an all KLF set up for HT, but I think all Heritage would be a kick. Again ... way to go!!

OK, so it's not 2 channel, but I wanted to comment here on putting my 1988 CW II's into a 5.1 config to watch the movie "Gravity" on BRD. With two Def Tech Subs split, and KG 1.5's as surrounds, KV-3 Center, all I can say is Wow, wow, wow. Fantastic. The CW's just brought so much "force" to the sound effects, it was very, very, impressive.

Just out of curiosity, are you running your CW IIs as "small" or "large?" As you know THX, Audyssey, and others recommend running good front speakers as "small." If that's what you are doing, and the CW IIs are what made the difference, your "Gravity" results support my contention that a lot of "force," as you put it, happens above the usual 80 Hz sub crossover, i.e., at about 100 - 200 Hz.

Way to go!! Ever think about working some Heresy's into the mix or an Academy? I'd love to try an all Heritage HT someday. Right now, the Cornwalls are in my 2 ch system and I use an all KLF set up for HT, but I think all Heritage would be a kick. Again ... way to go!!

We have an all Heritage 5.1 (see list in my signature, below), and it is incredible ... overwhelming.

I think so too. I've heard that due to the geometry of your chest, that around 80hz is the "chest thump" region.

Just out of curiosity, are you running your CW IIs as "small" or "large?" As you know THX, Audyssey, and others recommend running good front speakers as "small." If that's what you are doing, and the CW IIs are what made the difference, your "Gravity" results support my contention that a lot of "force," as you put it, happens above the usual 80 Hz sub crossover, i.e., at about 100 - 200 Hz.