Staining Wood and finishing with Polyurethane.

Audio Android

• Moderators

I really like that look, it would be perfect for those tables, I may just not use the red shade and keep it more brown to match the bar. I really like the red but it would be different than the chairs also. Probably try something similar but just a different shade, Thanks

I used no stain on the bar or table, it's just burned with a torch then sanded, it has a older look, all the wood on that building is burned, I couldn't take that brand new bright look, it mad a big difference.

It will be a little while before I do it but will put pics when it is done, just don't compare it to yours, I tend to have less patience. :lol:

When I saw your pic of the whole bar the first time, I said to myself that wood looks burned and sanded, but there's no way he burned and sanded every piece of the whole structure including stools and tables...... :emotion-21::emotion-22:....I was wrong..... Again Dtel very nice work out there!!

• Moderators

No you were right, somewhat, the structure was just burned no sanding, that's a lot and I hate sanding. :D

The tables tops and bar were burned and sanded, the stools and table legs were burned and wiped a few times with BLO.

I thinking of burning the table tops much more around the edges to make them almost black and trying to fade it like you did, I'm kind of scared to try it, although I could just sand off some of the burn if I mess up ? Never tried to make it black before.

• Moderators

I might I'd have to look, I kind of build things to fit with the least waste. Like the table tops 2x12 10' cut into thirds, joined, and cut out the circle. Untreated scraps go in the wood burning heater.