The Moondog's are the Cat's Meow! Sonic catnip to my ears! Long

Hello y'all. I am very happy and pleased with the purchase of the Moondog amps. I am now a tube believer. As much as I loved my Mcintosh MC 7150 amp-150 watts x 2 solid state. The Moondogs are vastly superior in sonics. The Moondogs are much more natural sounding, have greater detail, greater dynamics, wider soundstaging & imaging. I am not a headbanger but I sometimes like to listen at loud levels. The Moondog's 3.5 watts x 2 will get very loud indeed for my listening tastes. My listening room is 25'-6"

long x 19'-6" wide X 8' tall. My 1977 Birch Cornwalls are on the long wall approximately 17' apart. Both are toed in, one is in the corner- a little over 2' out from the corner. The other Cornwall is aganst the wall-a little over 1' out from the wall. My Barcolounger is across the room against the opposite wall in the sweetspot for optimum sound. I had intended on buying a FTAudio LW-1 passive preamp. I talked to Paul Lam Tuesday of last week. He is located

in Canada and does not accept credit cards. Payment with Postal Money Order or Cashiers Check only.

Price-$495+$20 shipping-Total-$515.

I had to go over to Rockport Wednesday morning to help out my 79 year old Aunt Reba. A guy was doing some home repair work across the street from her. He rang her doorbell Monday afternoon asking for work. She let this stranger come into her house twice & advanced him $563 for some exterior

painting to be started Wednesday morning. I wanted to check the guy out & make sure he was legitimate.

He never showed. Got a call from a buddy of his at 10:30am saying the guy was in Jail outside of San Antonio & he wanted Reba to bail him out. I told him no. Five minutes later Donald called supposedly from Jail wanting to talk to Reba, wanted her to bail him out. Gave me a real sob story of a sick daughter & other problems. Could not start work until he was bailed out of jail. I did not buy his story & told him to stop the Eddie Haskell routine. I asked for a refund of the advanced money realizing Reba would never see the money again. I told the guy never to contact my Aunt again & not to set foot on her property or it would be considered tresspassing & the Police would be called. We filed a Police report. The neighbor across the street had advanced the guy $300 & work was not completed.

The guy had filled out a contract on some notebook paper with his address & phone# & signed it & stating he had received $563 from Reba. Reba also signed it. Outlined the work that was to be done. I ran a reverse phone search & the house was in someone else's name. He was driving a small truck. My Aunt did not know the what kind. I drove by the address the guy had given & wrote down the license# of a gray Ford Ranger in the driveway & turned it over to the Police not knowing if it was the same truck or not. That truck was pulled over late Wednesday afternoon & it was the scam artist & his buddy. They were arrested for theft by deception & were also in possession of crack cocaine & drug paraphenalia. My Aunt dodged a major bullet. I think they thought they had an easy mark, 79 year old widow living alone. Most likely would have robbed or burgalarized her house. The neighbor across the street also pressed charges. No telling how many others in the Rockport Country Club neighborhood they scammed in getting money upfront & never completing a job. The Chief of Police in Rockport lives 8 houses down from my Aunt Reba & her neighbor Alby. He took a personal interest when he found out it was some of his neighbors that had been ripped off. We talked to him & he stated they would do their best to find the guys. Well they wound up in jail really quick. Rockport is small town of around 5300, 35 miles from Corpus Christi where I live.

I had planned on sending a cashiers check for the FTAudio LW-1 passive peamp this past Wednesday. But looking out for my Aunt was a much higher priority. Fedex had tried to deliver the Moondogs last Wednesday afernoon. They left notification that a delivery was attempted & the package could be picked up after 6:00 pm at the Fedex hub. They were open to 6:45pm. I showed up at 6:05pm and picked them up. Thanks very much to Kelly,Ron Welborne & all you others who helped me get the amps up & running. I was going crazy & getting frustrated when I could not get the amps to fire up & play music. I am a anal retentive perfectionist. A personality quirk or charecteristic I inherited from my dad. I can sometimes drive family members & friends crazy. For now I am going to continue using my Mcintosh C 38 preamp with the Moondogs. Economics dictate that I cannot spend the money for a good tube preamp right now. Instead of spending $515 on the FTAudio LW-1 now, I think I will forgo that purchase & apply that money to a good tube preamp such as the Wright WPL 20 sometime in the future. I own 4 cats & they get off to the fresh catnip that is grown for them in the backyard. Listening to music I love through the Moondogs is sonic catnip to my ears & brain.

Regards, Mike

------------------

LoneStar:

Like many others, hearing SET for the first time is an epiphany of sorts. You hit it on the head- more naturalness, greater dynamics, better focus on imaging, etc. I've been using SET in my system for some time. Truth be told: I never cared much for Klipsch products (Heritage series) until I heard them powered by a SET amp. Those still using p-p or s-s don't know what they are missing.

Enjoy the music.

PS: Con men who take advantage of the elderly should be shot.

------------------

Transport: CEC TL-2X

DAC: Audiomat Maestro

Pre-amp: Wyetech Jade

Amps: Wyetech Onyx monoblock,

Jeff Korneff 45

Interconects: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Speaker cable: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Power cords: CPCC Top Gun and Model 11

Line conditioner: CPCC Super Power Block

Equip Stand: Grand Prix Audio Monaco

Belle Klipsch, K-horns to arrive 7/28

This message has been edited by Mike82 on 07-18-2002 at 10:46 AM

LSB... Kudos!! Really glad things came together for you. That initial SET Amp sound is a truly revealing experience. I remember that feeling of a total wall of wonderful sound emerging from the entire rear (top to bottom/left to right) enveloping me, soundstaging beyond belief.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Mike L:

I first heard the 45 on some Beauhorns last November. I wasn't too impressed, but probably because the Beauhorn wasn;t my cup of tea. However, the 45/Belle combo is really wonderful. Even better than the Art Audio PX-25 in that application. I'm picking up some Khorns this weekend and am psyched to hear how that combo will sound. I expect it to exceed what I'm geting with the Belles.

I'm already inquiring about a getting a pair of Korneff monoblock 45s.

------------------

Transport: CEC TL-2X

DAC: Audiomat Maestro

Pre-amp: Wyetech Jade

Amps: Wyetech Onyx monoblock,

Jeff Korneff 45

Interconects: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Speaker cable: Analysis Plus Solo Monocrystal

Power cords: CPCC Top Gun and Model 11

Line conditioner: CPCC Super Power Block

Equip Stand: Grand Prix Audio Monaco

Belle Klipsch, K-horns to arrive 7/28