Good Video Compression Software

By compression do you mean like taking AVI and making MPEG? In that case... there is some good software by Intervideo that does real-time video editing and encoding. I forget what it is called, but it is good. And there is some by Sonic Foundry that is good, but expensive.

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

Well, its for my brothers car club. Here is what he is looking for:

I need you to do me a favor. I need you to find and download a full working copy of a good video compression software. I am borrowing a friend's

camera and it has the capability to download to a laptop, but he doesn't have the software handy. I don't know what is good, but if you could get that

for me, that would be awesome.

its 1/4 mile drag races.

The coolest video compression tool I've seen yet, is actually a dual purpose software product called Visual Communicator from Serious Magic. I say it's cool because you can quickly create video presentations with it that look like an ESPN style broadcast with graphics, effects and titles, and then it compresses it for you in .asf so that you can email or post.

http://www.seriousmagic.com... click on the video samples link.

Yes, I work there so I'm biased! (But I've worked in video development for over a decade.) Please don't kill me!