Got Lucky

Taz

I solved the loosing of a lot of things years ago by simply having a four shelf rack in the garage, if it has a power cord, it goes on a shelf and I don't care what a mess it looks like but da-mit it's there every time.

Now here is my real bugger, I have collected goodies all my life electronics, radio, ham you name it, just about every time I get into a tote I find stuff I swear iv never seen before, no idea where it came from.

• Like 1

just about every time I get into a tote I find stuff I swear iv never seen before, no idea where it came from.

Im getting there...after my divorce i did let some things go/scatter finally. stuff I kept back and fairly organized in bins with drawers but i avoided confrontations with ex& her family and let go of a lot...from solvents to extra taps and bit for drilling etc...not tools i dont believe, have sold a lot though...

Im actually now just getting down to tossing out different stuff like old gps's that dont work and like old ninja blenders that are burnt up but gotta let go of the junk i believe? idk lol

Its fun to go through bins and find new stuff though!

I would like to know where all my 9/16 and 1/2in sockets and wrenches are!!??!!!

No big deal on the 1/2 inch wrenches, you can use a 13mm.

I know this because back in my motocross days, I was always losing my 13mm wrenches! B)

• Like 1

man i worked the lexus dealership here in fw for 2 years and for a painter to have a tool box was rare but i had my big snap on cab in there but my ratcheting box/open end bluepoint(they were made before snap on made ratcheting wrenches(and yea i kno there the same lol)..anyhow)that 10mm was 1 of only 2 in that shop...i never had to replace it and i actually sold the set for what i had in it(bought used/like new years ago the set for $130 cash(great deal then))then passed the full set on to a lexus mechanic for same price..

anyhow that 10mm ratcheting wrench 1 of 2 in the shop was the most borrowed tool in the shop. Even more than my weld on tip dent puller(which i also sold for the amount i had in it $450 at cost the stinger set in case)...

Anyhow i pissed a lot of people off not loaning tools out...i let it up to only a couple people to loan my tools out and shared the key actually with a normally untrustworthy dude but could pull bumpers or anything off and put them back on while basically wet(without leaving prints better than anybody i ever met) so we built a good relationship...since he could put stuff on so quick meant i wouldnt have wait to lock the doors and could deliver stuff on time back onto the lot or customer then leave....still had many sometimes kinda unpaid nights getting jobs done during even 24hr shifts...Ya win some and lose some...I was paid very well and lots of perks although the stress was through the roof....

So the tool thing to me im sharing now where many tools end up ( STOLEN...loaned out? ) etc..that type of thing at least in a shop...I only had friends and loved fighting with all the old frame rack dicks lol we all got along unless he or i got paid before the other lol etc...etc...I miss them days i loved every day. I loved opening the doors to a 20k sq ft shop turning the compressor on...working all day and night then shutting it down...I still have the essentials to do a full restoration and will likely do a couple more in my life...The collision business is too easy in particular when things need to be absolutely perfect and the money was provided to do so...

• Like 2

Looking at the thread topic, I thought Taz scored.

If I went out on the town and scored, it could be quite unhealthy. We both sleep with loaded laser sighted pistols. Her's has never been fired. I'd hate to be the one she decided to break it in on. :( After all I gotta sleep sometime.

How about when you are headed across the house for a Honey do and think of something else that you needed to do. Then at some point in your destination you have to stop and think what the original Honey do was..... Then about 40 seconds later you have to ask your wife, what was it she wanted done.... A mans mind works non stop, if we could just retain a little more with age