Ad Template

eth2

Since CL doesn't let you Flag posts nor do they do a d*** thing about a report I would respond with:

Seems like you are in the basement with no life since you had the time and inclination (sorry, big word alert) to respond.It's obvious from your message that you do not know audiophile equipment when you see it. I just found out that these were (you fill in the blank) from an honest responder. Your loss is my gain.

Edited by USNRET

I am still laughing!!

This worked out better than I ever could have expected.

For what it's worth, not a single person responded to this ad via email correspondence. West Virginian's aren't the dumb hillbillies people say they are, or at least not in parkersburg.

What fun!

http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/ele/4458187891.html

• Like 1

I am still laughing!!

This worked out better than I ever could have expected.

What fun!

I totally agree! LOL!

You managed to get a complete, random stranger so worked up that he felt obliged to post a RESPONSE on CL!

I don't think you got any "real" West Virginian's to respond, because you didn't use the traditional West Virginia catch phrase we'all use at the end of every CL listing, even if it's a pile of parts laying on the floor in pieces; "works good." :P

I have updated my ad.

Hi - my name is Stephan,

I have a pair of speakers which I am reluctantly placing up for sale.

Normally, I would NEVER have even thought for a second about selling these, but I am retiring and planning on living in a small Airstream.

These speakers have seen almost no use as they belonged to my grandmother who only used them on Sundays to play church music.

These speakers are very rare and I am not sure I have seen more than 5 in my life, and certainly never in this condition.

Due to the size of them, I will not ship. Local pick-up only at the Walmart parking lot. I will be the guy with a patch over my left eye.

Payment must be made in advance by cash or I will accept copper.

You will never find another pair of speakers like this. Hurry up before I come to my senses and change my mind.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

I have updated my ad.

t. I will be the guy with a patch over my left eye.

Payment must be made in advance by cash or I will accept copper.

:blink: I think you've lost your mind! You've gone completely over to the crazy side! :lol:

I'm predicting the guy you have apparently tormented will report your ad as spam, and it will get removed in 3 - 2 - 1 ...

We shall see. B)

Proposed Response:

I am very sorry but I am new to this and I do not know anything about speakers. These are about three years old and belonged to a relative who willed them to me. They look new but have strange names. Two say "Klipshorn" on the back labels and then there is just a single speaker that says "Cornwall." (What would you do with a single speaker?) There is also an old amplifier with tubes. I didn't think anyone would want an outdated tube amplifier so I didn't mention it (it says "McIntosh" on the side). Funny it must be very old but it looks like new. Guess my uncle didn't use it much. As for Walmart, since this stuff was so big and I live in an apartment, I have left it sitting in my panel truck and thought it would be easier to meet in a lot to transfer.

In any case, a guy called and took it all off my hands for $500, so I don't have it anymore. As they were very large I figured I was lucky to find a buyer. We had a heck of a time delivering them to his house and moving them inside for him but all is good and he seemed happy.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

Picture yourself reading this reply after you could have bought two 3 year old K'horns, a Cornwall center, and a pristine McIntosh (DELIVERED!) for $500 if you had not trashed the OP.

What did I do with that damn shotgun??????

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

Proposed Response: (continued)

In any case, a guy called and took it all off my hands for $500, so I don't have it anymore.

The guy said he only brought $500 with him instead of the $850 I was asking for, so that sounded like a great deal to me so I wouldn't have to pay someone to take these big ugly speakers away. The foolish man paid me with 500 copper pennies, which is worth more than 500 in paper money since paper money will soon have no value.

I'm from Ohio and I kinda feel bad about taking advantage of him that way, but that's his fault, because what do West Virginian people know about Klipsch speakers anyway?

Edited by wvu80

Mustang, can you copy/paste the ad you posted? I was going to show wakejunkie but the ad has been deleted. I think it would be great if we can preserve it here in this thread.

With only a couple of modifications which MG bolded, I think Post #64 has the text of the original CL listing.