Onkyo moving away from Audyssey?

Youthman

Nope but I would be willing to bet it will be a upgrade if they are putting it in their flagship. These room correction auto-calibration leave a lot to be desired IMO. Can't wait to read some reviews..

• Moderators

Ok, I assumed the receiver at the top was their top of the line model but I was mistaken. They are not in order by model number. Apparently, you just have to jump up to something like the $1399 TX-NR929 receiver to get Audyssey XT32.

Edited by Youthman

I'll be setting up my TX-nr929 this weekend. As K5ss mentioned i'll use the audyssey in the intial set up, but i will manually adjust to my listening preference. Not a big fan of auto calibration as you can tweak the sound way better yourself. You can adjust the db's alittle for each , plus with a 7 band eq individually controlled for each speaker this gives you great controll.

Just my opinoin.

I just bought a NR626 and it does not have audyssey calibration. I was quite surprised it didn't but I was more after HMDI capabilites for it's replacing my old, but still going strong Denon 3801.

Are you sure about that? Maybe I'm missing something?

http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=TX-NR626&class=Receiver#features

Auto Speaker Calibration W/Mic. ✓ (Audyssey MultEQ)

I just bought a NR626 and it does not have audyssey calibration. I was quite surprised it didn't but I was more after HMDI capabilites for it's replacing my old, but still going strong Denon 3801.

The unit was a re-furb from Woot and there wasn't an Audyssey setup kit in the box. Maybe I got shorted.

I didn't see the Audyssey setup in any of the menus when setting things up. Hmmm

I'll take a closer look when I get home. I do have the setup kit from a different Onkyo so no biggie.

Thanks for pointing that out!!!

JJ

Edited by DoubleJ

The unit was a re-furb from Woot and there wasn't an Audyssey setup kit in the box. Maybe I got shorted.

I didn't see the Audyssey setup in any of the menus when setting things up. Hmmm

I'll take a closer look when I get home. I do have the setup kit from a different Onkyo so no biggie.

Thanks for pointing that out!!!

JJ

No problem, I know some units won't give you any Audyssey menus / options until a mic is plugged in.