1958 S-M2-12A Shorthorn pair - $1500, Seattle

minermark

Washington state seems to have a huge very high end audio magnet up there for some reason. Man this pair of shorthorns would be icing on the cake for a klipsch collector...Good price as well...look good with nice labels!

• Like 1

Nice find. The 1957 price list shows these were $290 ea. They are shorthorn, model S, K-ortho-12 drive system with natural mahogany finish.

Klipsch switched from the original configuration on these sometime in 1958. The first version of the shorthorn had the Stevens tru-sonic woofers and the university mid (4401) and tweeter (SA-HF).

Mine are Oiled Walnut, which was the original finish. They were painted blue when I found them, but they cleaned up very nicely.

The grills (shot) were replaced with original Klipsch Cane, which complement the Walnut beautifully.

Many people suggest the 103LX-2 Woofer is "better" than the 103LX, but I don't have a comparison. My understanding of the difference is Ohms.