Niles' brilliant outdoor subwoofer

mustang guy

aw man had to ruin the fun lol its kinda been done....

Bet a 3" flowmaster make that baby loud!

EDIT: looks like it needs a bigger custom shop job!

Nope, Ya gotta go all the way with this one. Purple Hornies for max bass.

Now that is a blast from the past.

Like Cherry Bombs.

I remember wrenching in the 70s with those too and also had several pairs of Thrush that tended to burn through fairly quick.

post-36163-0-67640000-1400013730_thumb.j

post-36163-0-66640000-1400013746_thumb.p

post-36163-0-02760000-1400013765_thumb.p

post-36163-0-67760000-1400013778_thumb.j

The first thing we'd do is get them hot and squirt water up the tail pipe. It would break up the fiberglass and make them louder.

A friend of mine soaked his in gasoline and put it out in the middle of the driveway and threw matches at it. Sure burned something out. One of my favorite exhausts was just running pipe all the way back over the axel similar to the stock system, but just excluding the muffler altogether. It was a 1970 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland motor and it sure sounded sweet accelerating.

The first thing we'd do is get them hot and squirt water up the tail pipe. It would break up the fiberglass and make them louder.

Not me. I'd put the biggest mufflers I could stuff under the car, 65 Fastback mustang.

Then sat in a parking lot until a cop parked across the street from me. Pulled out and pretty much nailed it. Didn't spin the tires, but got his attention. Got pulled over and he was going to write me for excessive noise exhaust. I told him "Go ahead, I got the quietest mufflers they had. They guaranteed I would not get any tickets for excessive exhaust noise." I dared him to write me and he wouldn't do it. Like my cars quiet enough to run open throttle and not draw attention in town.

Not to say I did not disconnect the headers from time to time though.

You guys lived the good days. Mine was all mustangs basically. Ram air, pipes a chip and aluminum heads. 3.73's then i broke motor mounts and just kept an eldorado or buicks after that lol.

Iv only heard about the real days...mine was fast but still quite a joke....

That thing is dead on a smoker tho lol took me a minute too...

No more snails....man i just dont want spiders lol and milipedes...im down to get one :lol:

• Like 1

All done. The top cap overhangs 1' from the base, which should protect the drivers from rain. Not sure what they would sound like with 6" of water on top of them, but it would surely drown out the noise. :)

post-47699-0-98200000-1399935656_thumb.j

post-47699-0-56700000-1400250327_thumb.j

Edited by mustang guy

man id just be careful and keep it away from the house...may crack the foundation :o

Idk...its kinda like those underground horns like the pic posted in the 1st page that we have seen done for years...how far we gonna go...

Springs under the foundation like one of those rides at the orlando amusment parks that react to motion sensors(kinda like a brain)

That is a nice sketch up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...