La Scala reunion (video)

Quiet_Hollow

Our recent move to AZ ushered in a unique opportunity to reunite some old friends.

All four La Scala were crafted in Hope, shipped to Europe for military sale, thoroughly enjoyed, then shipped back stateside with their original owner at the end of his term.

Separated in the mid 90's.

...now reunited for playback, the first time in about twenty years.

The five of us had a quiet moment together in the garage (no amps allowed). The shipping boxes have a story to tell. Yes sir, this fireteam has badges, scars....rank.

I simply got lost for a while looking at the wear and tear, fixated on the old labeling, wondering about the many hands they've past through and where the boxes have been stored over the years.

Snapped some photos for posterity. Enjoy.

post-40059-0-82320000-1400049996_thumb.j

post-40059-0-80560000-1400050007_thumb.j

post-40059-0-84320000-1400050042_thumb.j

Edited by Quiet_Hollow
  • Like 3

Yeah...your gonna have a fine pair of klipsch in every corner in your house if you dont stop :)

This time around it appears it's all about the wife, she has been watching me for the last year, very closely.

Who else in life will have the chance to Audition a set of Khorns, Bells, and Scala's in the same room one minute apart,

(about how long it takes to jump wires). yeah she is up to something, if/when she starts talking Cables, im going to keep a Pistol on my desk..........

• Like 2

Man that situation you got is a bit more than my own. Im just looking at buying new headphones for my wife right now. Your wife has absolutely gotta be lovin it!

Well I don't know of anyone in my entire life that will have that kind of chance in life for subjective listing and choice all at the same time.

And as if this audition is not enough, remember what she ask me last night, "Your going to upgrade the Xovers before I listen right?"

So as of this point in time, here im buyin all these goodies and have NO IDEA what I will end up with for the cave.

• Like 2

All four La Scala were crafted in Hope, shipped to Europe for military sale, thoroughly enjoyed, then shipped back stateside with their original owner at the end of his term. Separated in the mid 90's. ...now reunited for playback, the first time in about twenty years.

Come on Tom, we want "The rest of the story".

Very cool that you have a wife who was not immune from the sickness. Most women are. :)

All four La Scala were crafted in Hope, shipped to Europe for military sale, thoroughly enjoyed, then shipped back stateside with their original owner at the end of his term. Separated in the mid 90's. ...now reunited for playback, the first time in about twenty years.

Come on Tom, we want "The rest of the story".

Agreed. How did all this come about?

More pics to follow next week after the painters re-finish the listening room.

The speakers all once belonged to my brother-in-law's brother. A rather reserved fellow. He's been brief on historic accounts, yet exceptionally generous by offering them to me over the years.

I'll do my best to fish some more details out of him regarding their history, how he came to know about Klipsch, then segue into how I acquired them. :emotion-21:

One thing is for certain...There's no shortage of stories involving large speakers and German military bases from the 80's through the 90's.