Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System (patent pending)

Hofy

whoa... this place has changed... and there is even a new ray... hmmmm, well... at least everyone is polite now... by the way... congrats to hofy, this post caught my eye, being so insanely long, and the duct tape thing, i'm glad it created such a stir...

"kreeping from the kave komes ray"

Actually I'm an Old Ray, being 45 and all. Yep, I remember back before there was duct tape, when we had to use cat gut to tie our speakers to the walls... tensile strength and torsional stiffness weren't up to modern standards, but the lovely way they vibrated in the breeze added be-yew-tee-ful harmonic overtones to my Victrola... which I still have... just can't get away from horns...

quote:

Originally posted by Ray Garrison:

I remember back before there was duct tape, when we had to use cat gut to tie our speakers to the walls...

Ahh, the good old days. Cat gut from real cats. biggrin.gif Well at least cats are making a come back with the ProMedia users. In fact it is time to go launch some now.c>

------------------

When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct Tape.

Hofy, I like your mounting system, however, is there a mod in the works for stand-based system utilizing the advantages of your duct tape mounting technique? Perhaps a tape-based adapter for commercially available stands?

I was thinking of maybe a piece of dry wall CNC'd to mate the sats to the stand. Of course, tape would hold it all together to minimize the harmonics from the dry wall and to maintain your patented aesthetics.

BTW, my cat's head won't fit into the subwoofer port. Does it need to be all the way in to fire or just the body? I want to make sure I do it right the first time. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by XPhys71:

Hofy, I like your mounting system, however, is there a mod in the works for stand-based system utilizing the advantages of your duct tape mounting technique? Perhaps a tape-based adapter for commercially available stands?

My Duct Tape Mounting system will work with any type of stand.
c>

BTW, my cat's head won't fit into the subwoofer port. Does it need to be all the way in to fire or just the body? I want to make sure I do it right the first time. Thanks.

If it doesnt fit FORCE IT!c>

------------------

SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME.

Thats nutz man. You could have gotten 2 simple L brackets from the hardware store. you knoe the silver ones with 2 holes on each side of the L. kinda small. man they work great Unscrew the stock brackets "IF YOU CAN. GOOD LUCK." they are torqued on good. but yea them basic L brackets work great. ide never slap duct tape to a set of speakers that cost that much and look so nice, that hurts.Textc>

Actually they didnt say. All they wanted the Duct Tape Mounting System for was to tape their speakers over another hole and to hold down some solar panels. I included a complimentary fire extinguisher with the shipment though.c> biggrin.gif

------------------

SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME.