Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System (patent pending)

Hofy

Just an update on how my case project is coming along. I have all the holes punched now and only need to drill out the mounting holes and clean up the sharp edges.

hole2.JPG

hole3.JPG

Here is the Unit I used to make those holes and the 4 1/2" hole on top.

holemakr.jpg

This GreenLee knockout set makes holes from 2 1/2" to 4 1/2" and can be yours for the low price of $1900.00 (I am glad I didnt have to buy it.)

Hofy UPS is horrible!! their tracking site says they should be here (but als their NOT!!!) I don't understand!!! I NEED MY PROS!!!!!! NOW THE KITTEN IS REALLY GOING TO GET IT!!!! oh by the way congrats on the longest thread ever!!

------------------

PROS ARE COMING TODAY!!! (hopefully)

Yes, I must say that those Greenlee Electrical punches are great, especially the hydrolic ones as pictrure above.I have a set that goes from 1/2" to 4 1/2" I use them all of the time on the job, I do alot of Electrical work, I'm a refrigeration tech/electrician. Those aren't cheap, I'll vouch for that!!! How many fans are you putting in your case? I wish that I had the extra time to do it myself, but i don't, so I'm just going to get the Tornado 2000 case with the fans already put in, unless, someone can suggest a better full tower case with the same amount, or greater amount of cooling already installed.

------------------

Beeker25

------------------------

Let the BASS Kick!!!

Our small sets cover 1/2" to 2". Bargin price of $800.

I will have the following fans in my case.

Video card area, 2 80mm Sunon fans rated at 36cfm. One fan drawing air in on the video card and one exhausting it out of the area. I am still working on the plan to isolate this area from the rest of the case.

In the front I plan on using 3 more 80mm fans drawing in 108cfm total. 2 of these fans will flow air in over the hard drives.

Up on top I am mounting a massive 120mmx38mm Sunon Exhaust fan. Good for 108cfm. Anyone starting to see the pattern? smile.gif

I am also closing off any other openings to the case to help control the air flow.

I am also mounting the power supply outside of the case. This should help keep the heat of the PS out and aid in the control of the air flow.

More to follow.

------------------

Mad Scientist at work! Klipschenstein!

I had a design change 15 minutes AFTER I ordered the rest of my fans. I am not isolating the video area. I am taking the video exhaust and makeing it an intake as this will send fresh air right to the processors. This allows me to reduce the number of fans in front from 3 to 2. So now I have 2 80mm (36cfmx2=72cfm) fans in front drawing in air. One 80mm (30cfm) fan in back also drawing in more air. And a fourth 80mm (30cfm) fan on the side blowing in on the video card. This totals up to 132 cfm intake. Well time to change out the 120mm Sunco (108cfm) to a YS Tek 120mm (131.5cfm)

There much better. Now it is off to Radio Shack for the parts to build my fan bus to control all these fans.

------------------

These fans are needed for a Duel Celeron system that will be way overclocked. I will be getting 2 400-500Mhz cpu and clock them to 600-700Mhz. Not to mention all the heat the new high speed hard drives give off. I will be installing a switching system (fanbus) for shutting some of the fans off when the system is not very active.

------------------

yea baby thats what i like to hear.yea the high speed drives do add to the heat ive been meaning to get a good hd cooler for mine but am to lazy.i think before i get my new processor im going to order that tornado 2000 case.they've done alot of testing and it seems to work well.the hardest part i decideing what to paint it.hehe