Marantz receivers...

jdm56

Nice to see some happy Marantz owners...*cheers*

JDM, saw the 8300 in Home Theatre Mag, looked sweeettt,

reminds me of the DV7100, deadly piece, I figure 1500-2000 CDN, haven't seen much. I haven't checked out the Marantz webpage in awhile, guess I should Smile.gif

I love the DR6000, nice piece, thought the 6050 still existed, unlike a cp burner mind you Smile.gif

RP, glad to see a happy camper, enjoy the unit, built to be #1.

BOA12, how true, but yet, Marantz has built a smokin

piece of gear, their whole HT line.

HighTone, it is a sweet A\V Receiver, bar none.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 08-12-2002 at 09:50 PM

accessories for less is refurb reseller remember. The good news is it is the only official refurb store, so you get a reduced marantz warranty (one year). I have a refurb sr8200 from them, and I have had no problems, it's a GREAT receiver.

-mkl

I have the SR-8200 and have had zero problems. It sounds wonderful, picked it over the denon and yamaha I listened to previous. Also the 8200 and 9200 are made in Japan and the 7200 and under are made in China or Korea(can't remember which)The reference models are prolly made in Japan too. Build quality on Japanese made merchandise is usually a lil better then the other 2 places, so thats something to consider too.

Maximo,

Hey, thanks for the info. I kind of suspected something like that. Makes me real keen on the 8200. I have more confidence in Japanese manufacturing. It would be REALLY nice to see a more flexible crossover set-up on the next version, though. Shoot, how about a firewire connection and compatible SACD/DVD-A players, like Denon and Pioneer are doing? Now, THAT would indeed be smokin'!

------------------

JDM

What is the crossover frequency for the Marantz SR-8200? Does it have a small and large speaker setting similar to the Denon 3802/4802? I like the options with the Denon 4802 but it is expensive.

Speaker setup will be:

RF-7

RC-7

RS-7

SVS PCIplus 20-39

Thanks!

------------------

Computer

Klipsch Pro Media 4.1

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Yes the 8200 has large/small settings for all speakers, as well as a THX setting which auto sets all the speakers. Also has max sub output setting so distortion is avoided, along with quite a few other set up features. You can assign the dig optical/coax inputs to certain devices or set to auto-detect also.

i've talked w/ marantz tech support on the crossover issue at length. they are as inflexible on this as their crossover. denon w/ their 4802 & 5803 is on the ball here. marantz so far is not.

they're still stuck on that fixed 80hz crossover which makes no sense w/ tower speakers that can push well & better that a sub down to 40-50hz. & if your sub handle well up to 80hz, then why the need for big non-thx style speaks?

this is the only problem i have w/ marantz receivers. w/ a fixed 80hz on my sr8000, the rf-3 i have on it are overkill along w/ a sub. may as well use rb-3 w/ sub.

& when you set fronts large & overlap w/ the sub between 40-80hz, standing waves & muddy bass are the result. so its back to small where it sounds better.

this is what i mean by the dilemma the high fixed crossover provides. the result is either inadequate bass management or no need for big speaks w/ a sub.

& we can thank certain receivers adhering to the thx idea of small sat speakers & sub for the problem. maybe its just me though. cwm1.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Boa,

I checked out the B & K receivers on-line. They both get some good reviews. Homepage didn't give detailed specs on subwoofer x-over. Also prices are a bit more than I wanted to spend. I was hoping not to spend more then $2000(US) on a receiver or pre/post amps. My old sound system of years gone past was 4 X Hersey II's with DBX pre/post amp. Checked out the specs on your pre/post amps.....Nice!

PYRO

------------------

Computer

Klipsch Pro Media 4.1

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz