Help ID'ing these 2 speakers please

70-360fe

Mustang Guy has restored something similar, if not the same model, so maybe contact him directly for specific questions. They clean up real nice, and a pair of Heresy's for a buck twenty five would give you some outstanding sound for the price, if they work.

They look they have been through the wars!

The KP-250 uses a K-53-K midrange assembly and K-79 tweeter. The KP-250 II uses a slightly more expensive K-66-E midrange driver and more expensive K-792 tweeter. I believe the woofers should be the same, K-42.

Do you think the tonal quality would be different enough to not use as surround speakers?

From my research that sounds right. If I do get them may be I can trade or get another to match one and use one as a center channel?

Edited by 70-360fe

They will sound similar with the MkII being a bit better. You'll have to listen for yourself. For surround, I suspect they should be fine.

Sounds good! Have to see if they both work tomorrow and go from there. Missed out on a pair of chorus II for 200.00 couple weeks ago, somebody good a deal on those! Would really like a pair of 2's to go with my chorus I's but these might foot the bill for now.

I picked up the speakers today a bit dusty but work fine, they are a kp-250 and a kp-250 II. Hooked them up for rear surround and they work great! They mix well with the chorus tonal and the bass is well matched. Very happy with them especially for 125.00.

The weak links in my system is the center channel and lower bass. I'am running an academy for a center it's nice but sometimes the mid bass is stronger then the other speakers. Also sometimes center is directional and stands out from others. ( I think this because of the mid bass). For movies mostly the lower punch is not there, I have an sw 12 but it's not hooked up right now. I was getting some scratch ness from it so I disconnected it. When I did have it hooked up really didn't like it, would hit hard but was too boomy at times and could be a little directional. Overall I'am very happy with the system but I'am still going keep looking for a pair of chorus II's. I could run them as mains and the I's for rear surround, use one of the kp's for a center channel. I think one of the kp's would work better over academy being a three way speaker.

Anyway the hunt continues but very happy with the kp's so far!