No tweeter sound right speaker

Aj72

Hey Guys

Ive got a pair of old Tangent Klipsch 300's which I dragged out tonight. The tweeter in the right speaker doesn't work anymore. I swapped the left tweeter in which yielded the same result. Does this mean I have to replace the crossover? How much would this set me back. Is it difficult to do?

Thanks

AJ

• Like 1

check the wires and terminals over good, if they check out I would say at least you need a crossover upgrade of some sort. hopefully it's just something simple like a bad connection somewhere. :)

Edited by cradeldorf

if that dont work shake it!

just kidding...what model is that tweeter...likely it is a phenolic that are all over the place cheap....id check the terminals on the crossover for sure...have you ever had them apart before...were they bought used or new? time sitting with no use can result in issues as well. better to be powering them up on occasion

"Does this mean I have to replace the crossover?"

No, just repair it.

It's either a bad solder joint or a bad cap.

If the solder joints look OK, just order Dayton polypropylenes from Parts Express, get enough to do both speakers (they're inexpensive).

Edited by djk