Power Conditioners

rowooo

My older Adcom doesn't have enough grounded outlets, therefore I will be looking at upgrading. I know some people don't believe in running these and that's fine, I would just like to know some models you guys are running and what you think. Thanks......

------------------

2 Channel System:

Klipsch Epic CF-2s

McIntosh C-15 Preamplifier

Adcom GFA 5500 Amplifier

Music Hall MMF-5 Table

Adcom GCD 700 CD

Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer

Transparent Audio Cabless>

I use a Monster Cable HT Power Center HTS3500 for the HT system. It has a

remote trigger. After power on of the receiver, the Power Center turns on all

external amps. The music only systems have some basic spike protector power strips. My

area does incur power spikes and brown-outs (which are mainly induced by the utility company due to heavy demand). I've noticed since we have had the above normal heat & humidity conditions, the APC Back-Ups Pro for my PC has been cycling on/off far more than usual.

Monster also makes an AVS2000 Voltage Stabilizer. It is designed to stabilize power line fluctuations and maintain constant 120 volt output. At a whoping 68lbs,

the darn thing lists at $1499.95. This beast is touted for HT use though.

Dedicated lines with stabilization may be best, but I just can't justify the investment in a home that I have so few years left to live in.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Like Wes, I have the Monster HTS-3500 and am very happy with it. One thing it has done is quiet down my cable box. I had a very loud hum when plugging the cable from the wall directly into the cable box. By plugging it into the Monster and then out to the cable box it is dead silent...

Mike

i only have the monster hts-2500 & pretty satisfied w/ it. i believe its the lowest model that also has the timed/delay trigger for an amp w/o dc control (the b&k i have now does have dc control so i use that rather than the hts box).

also, some say a power box/conditioner will sap power available to the amp. but i've tried bypassing the hts

to the amp & could not hear any dif in a/b tests w/ all sorts of material. the hts does have a few high current outlets for amps.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I'm using a Panamax 1500. Due to wife's insistance on bundling cables (for looks), I'm always fighting hum problems. The Panamax has greatly reduced this situation.

Regards,

Chris

PS Anyone else have bundled cables? If so, what are your experiences?

------------------

click below to see my rig

http://cgi.AudioAsylum.com/systems/2235.html

Since buying my KLF-30's I noticed that I don't have enough juice at the wall outlet. My Klipsch dealer recommended a product from this company:

http://www.richardgrayspowercompany.com/

He also suggested dedicated line which I plan to do in near future. For the inquiring minds...my Yamaha RXV-2200 Receiver shuts down when playing certain CD's at very loud levels. I thought is was a problem with the receiver but when I pre-amped to my Carver M500t it actually stuttered. With my Heresy's hooked up to same equipment, same CD's it never missed a beat. It wasn't near as loud either. I NEED MORE POWER!!!