Sonic Frontiers Monoblock Amplifiers - $4500 (Auburn) Wash.

minermark

Most of the stuff on ebay I see is pro audio gear and requires balanced or 1/4 jack connection meaning you will be playing with conversion adapters or all new cables that if you change up your system are a loss

my suggestion is http://www.marchandelec.com/xm9.html

call phil Its free, and he will set up up with one of the best crossovers and it will be 1 of those pieces you will want to keep forever as the are so flexible and can work with countless situations

you will pay a little more for phil marchand but you can rest assured it is one of the best on the market and will sound great, also there is no reason to buy anything more then the xm9 3 way because stepping up to the 44 or 126 has very little or no sonic value (i have had all 3)

once you get something like this bi-amp / tri amp, is a no brainer

Been shopping the Bay, Ballanced XLRs is likely the way i will go, 4way active looks to be the ticket also, still sorting out the amp question, one thing at a time. i like Phils stuff, however iv already got Pro gear and figured id do better in the long run to build a pro system, have not had the funding till now, so i can do it right. and i no doubt will be going with an SS on the sub bass unit.

• Like 1

dont go pro on the mids and highs, pro gear is made to go loud not for SQ......................some conversion cables or adapters will allow for use of home audio amp / amps on those..........................start a thread about X-overs and there are alot of guys that have used the pro gear crossovers and have alot better knowledge which are best

• Like 1

dont go pro on the mids and highs, pro gear is made to go loud not for SQ......................some conversion cables or adapters will allow for use of home audio amp / amps on those..........................start a thread about X-overs and there are alot of guys that have used the pro gear crossovers and have alot better knowledge which are best

The one's im currently looking at wolud be in this area: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271554463445?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

• Like 1

Not to derail too much but- I use Ashly XR1001 often, very nice crossover. I also use the DBX DriveRack family of active crossovers, also very nice and adds the ability to delay the outputs, and can save settings, which can make tweaking variables easier.

Minermark,

Have you considered MiniDSP? At least until you get the crossover freq dialed in. Marchand seems nice but they expect you to know what crossover freq you want at time of order, if I understand correctly. MiniDSP allows channel delay and some EQ as well.