Klipsch WF-35s $200 Indy

johnnydrama

I wish. Johnny drama should snag these and see just how awesome them bad boys are!

I actually just grabbed a set of XF-48s last Friday which utilizes the same horn and is even more of a looker IMO. Love the XFs, had them years ago and let them go, have regretted it every since. I will not make that mistake again.

I actually prefer the horn on these speakers compared to the reference line. They still utilize the titanium diaphragms, but the dispersion is much more desirable, and the horn itself is not as harsh. Because of my room set up ( I sit 7-8 ft. from a 50" TV) I couldn't sit in the sweet spot and am off axis from the center of the viewing position.

I prefer the sound of the 48s over the sound I was getting from the 81s in my set up. In an ideal listening environment maybe not. But I don't think a lot of people realize how solid of performers the Icon X and Icon W lines were and are. And now the Icon line in general is mud to people when they hear it, because of the junk Icons they released to sell at Best Buy with lower quality components, materials, and finishes.

Hmmmm.... sounds an awful lot like what might happen with our beloved Reference line unfortunately, that is being discussed and scrutinized on so many other threads. As a Klipsch believer and fanatic, I really hate that they are doing that. But when I put my business hat on, I do see and understand some of the benefits and strategy of them going in that direction. To the masses it will be beneficial, but to guys like us, it certainly will not.

It's really going to piss me off when I go to someone's house and they say, "Hey check out my new Klipsch Reference Line!"

Me, "Shut the front door."

Edited by johnnydrama