Integra DTR-50.1

timdog5000

This AVR is on craigslist in my area for 250 bucks. i've been looking for an AVR that is more customizable and has a better set up then YPAO. i've also been wanting to try DSX and use my rear surround channels as Wides and see how that sounds. Anyone have any opinions if this is a good cheaper way to try this?

This AVR is on craigslist in my area for 250 bucks. i've been looking for an AVR that is more customizable and has a better set up then YPAO. i've also been wanting to try DSX and use my rear surround channels as Wides and see how that sounds. Anyone have any opinions if this is a good cheaper way to try this?

Tim,

It definitely appears to be a good deal. Just a word of caution or better, let me suggest to you that you verify(you verify) that all HDMI inputs and outputs are operating properly. This model falls in the years with the common HDMI issues.

Not trying to scare you away by no means just informing you of the "potential" problem. My Onkyo TX-SR705 has operated flawlessly since new in 2007.

Bill

• Like 1

Onkyo and integra are notorious for overheating. Getting so hot they melt the sodder on their hdmi boards... Similar issue with the ps3 and xbox1

While this is true, a small fan that draws hot air out through the sides is a vey worthwhile investment(25.00).

Bill

• Like 1

Tim,

It definitely appears to be a good deal. Just a word of caution or better, let me suggest to you that you verify(you verify) that all HDMI inputs and outputs are operating properly. This model falls in the years with the common HDMI issues.

Thanks for the headsup willand, that will be the next question I ask him before I even drive down to check it out.

Too funny. I had my eye on that one as well. Looks like a good AVR! I have a 20.3 now. It is my second Integra. Lost my big Integra and big Onkyo in the divorce. I have never had an issue with Onkyo/Integra. Good ventilation is the key for any gear.

Go for it!