Split Bass Bin Picture

billybobg

I'm looking for a picture or diagram from the rear side of an LSI Split. Particularly where the connectors are located. I'm building a set and while I'm not trying clone exact copies, I'd like to have something close. I'd like some picts of the handles also if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by billybobg

• 1 month later...

So thanks to G.Zim's photos and modifying the plans I had, I built a pair a bass bins for the tops I've had for about 5 years.   Just not fully finished on the outside.  Sound pretty good, but I know I'll have to rebuild the crossovers.  When I first hooked the first speaker up I got nothing but the squawker.  No 3A fuse.  Installed a fuse and still nothing so I started disassembly of the top unit.  During this process the bass started working intermittently.  Just flexing some wires inside and reinstalling the bass wires to the crossover helped to the point that the bass operates, but did cut out one time while I started to close the top up.  I'll rewire when I rebuild the crossover.  Heck, the problem may be the crossover as I then noticed the tweeter was not working.  I did replaced the tweeter and now the speaker works.  I thought the tweeter was good when I replaced the one that was in when I bought it as the original measured open and the removed tweeter still measures good.  I'll figure that out later.  I changed the tweeter in the second speaker before checking it out and upon hookup it worked. 

I know I owe some pictures of this and I'll get around to posting what pictures I did take.  The speakers won't be candidates for a beauty contest as their fate is to be used in my garage man cave.    At least I've resurrected the tops to be functioning with bass bins.

Question to the forum:  Are the diaphragms on ebay worth installing on failed tweeters?  I know Bob Crites doesn't like them, but is it better to get a tweeter working with them than to trash the tweeter?  I already know that half the responses will say abandon the the K-77 and that might be the way to go.  Just curious if any of you have experience and knowledge on the subject. 

Edited by billybobg