AVR for 2.1 system with Rf 82ii and sw350

Thejtl

So I have some 82iis coming on Thursday. I've decided to run 2.1 for a while (maybe until I build a HT in the basement a few years hence). I care mostly about how music sound through the system. Gaming second and movies/TV last.

Right now I have a ps4, Xbone running and a ProJect Debut Carbon TT. My amp is a Yamaha rx-v675 that I bought a year ago. Seems like overkill for my setup. I'm wondering if I should go after something less involved. I don't use any of the features I paid for when I got the Yammie. I wanted the best I could afford at the time and that was it. Now its depreciated by a few hundred bucks.

I could certainly stick with it, but could also change if there's something better for tunes when matched with my incoming speakers.

I like the sound OK, just having an "is the grass greener?" Moment.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that something a little more audio-centric might be a good choice. I was looking at the Marantz offerings. It looks like I could get the NR1403 for about $250, as it's an outdated model. But I don't want to go to a bunch of trouble to trade down or stay even in quality.

From a cost/benefit standpoint, my sunk cost on the V675 hasn't balanced out quite yet, so it probably makes sense to hold onto it for a while from an economic standpoint.