K77 vs K77M

AudioJag

I am going to be updating my '79 Klipschorns with a new crossover and Fastrac K horn. It was recommended that I also change the original K77 tweeter to the newer K77M. Please give me an idea what the difference and advantages I would have with the K77M.

The person who made the recommendation didn't tell you?

The K-77-M has better frequency response (goes out further). I also believe it's capable of taking a little bit more power.

Thanks DeanG..... Before I make a decision to purchase, I prefer to get more than one opinion. Now I have two :-) Are you basing your answer on experience with the newer tweeter?

The K-77-M has better frequency response (goes out further). I also believe it's capable of taking a little bit more power.

Thanks DeanG..... Before I make a decision to purchase, I prefer to get more than one opinion. Now I have two :-) Are you basing your answer on experience with the newer tweeter?

I have a pair of K-77 M's that were babied in a Heresy. $99 shipped to you.

I have a pair of K-77 M's that were babied in a Heresy. $99 shipped to you.

ClaudeJ1..... Can we exchange emails on this forum? If not is there a setup for private email. And could you send me pictures of front and rear of tweeters. Thanks, Ron

Claude is way beyond K-77s, he simply no longer has any use for them. Claude knows his drivers. You really don't need pictures - and that's a very good deal. I'll take them if you don't!

I'm sure many here are thinking the same thing! Me included!