Equipments for sale

discusman

trying to raise money to buy cornwall's locally and with the economy today (or should i say, with the Stock Market today) i don't really want to dip into savings. so i'm offering a couple of items for sale ....

Denon 3801 - truly awesome receiver. i replaced with an outlaw 950 preamp and i'm trying to convince myself that i did the right thing. not much difference in sound especially when i used external amps on the 3801. Only thing is that the 3801 does not have DPLII but a feature some folks don't even look for. For those who wants to experience 5.1/7.1, DTS, DTS-ES ... etc. sound then this would be a great start. Absolute mint condition but it is a year old.

Klipsch RB5-II Black - Brand new pair. I bought 2 pairs a few months ago and only using a pair in my living room. well, i lied ... i did plug it in to test. I'm sure you guys know how these speakers sound.

Adcom GFA-545II or Acurus A100 (both are 100 watt Amps) - need to keep one so whichever one sells first. I would say that the acurus has a slight advantage but i'm using it to power my back surrounds so it does not matter to me which i keep.

if interested please hurry .. i'm only selling until i get enough money to pay for the cornwalls then the rest goes back in my stock. thanks.

here's my current home theater setup:

2 pairs of chorus II's (may sell a pair if i like the cornwalls better)

KLF-C7 center

RS-7 surrounds

ASL AQ-1005 tube amp

Acurus AFIVE - 200 watts per

Outlaw 950 preamp

HSU VTF-2 sub

Mitsubishi 50 inch TV

This message has been edited by discusman on 07-25-2002 at 08:00 AM

Deang ... $550 plus shipping on the RB5-II's. Paid $825 at hifi buys .. plugged in once just to test and never used. you can have the full warranty on them.

Scott ... $500 plus shipping on the 3801. have the manual and original box for them.

Keith ... i can't compete with you. you have too much money. but my advantage is i've seen and heard them in person so i know my limit. hey, why don't you just buy his khorn's .. i'll tell you what, they are in great condition but it's too big for my home theater room. in all honesty though, the person selling them is one of the nicest person i've met in a while. good luck and if i don't win the auction then i'm hoping it goes to you.

now guys ... all bets are off if keith buys the cornwalls.

Sorry,

I am no longer in a position to inquire about the receiver as I just bought a new Progressive Scan DVD Audio Player.

Good luck to both of you regarding the Corns.

-ScottWavey.gif

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

Academy Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830