SE Michigan flooding.......

bhenry

• Moderators
I'll contact Trey, too. I'm not sure what he can do for me but I guess it never hurts to ask, right?

I definitely would.  Like you said, it never hurts.  This is what he does for a living so and he's apparently good at what he does.  Let me know how it turns out.  I emailed him to let him know you might be contacting him. 

Michael

After much consideration I ordered two of the KW-120-THX subs and the 1000W amp from a local dealer.

I inquired about the KPT 1802 HLS and the THX subs but was told by the Klipsch rep that the HLS was not the best choice as it is designed to be used in an auditorium environment with 2500 people in it. He recommended the THX subs.

I know where he's coming from but thought it might have been pretty sweet anyways. I like that the THX subs are going to be easier to place in the room and, I would guess easier to set-up than the commercial sub.

I was told they are in stock and depending on where they ship from, I should have them in a little more than a week.

Good question, Neil. I went to Alma's and ordered them yesterday so they are very much still available. I'll have you and Glenn over when it's up and running.

From my short time with the Khorns, they actually don't sound that different than the RF-7's. I don't have them set up properly yet so I'm not sure about the lower frequencies on them but the mids and highs are fantastic. Even when hooked up to just my old B&K 307 receiver with an ipad plugged in.

• 5 months later...