Column that looks like a horn

Chris A

Danley is so progressive and brilliant! :emotion-21: 

If he were to make a model with the shape of the horn to make it wider, say 30-40 degrees, it would be a great HT speaker. Imagine them in four corners and two side walls standing vertical, and horizontal under the projection screen. Match them with a couple of well placed horn loaded subs. You would have walls of sound... It seems like it would kill anything available.

I'd love to own a column shaped Tuba... some one build them!

Somebody did build one I believe. I thing they hung it in a corner, with the mouth facing the floor. Does anybody remember seeing that?

Danley is so progressive and brilliant! :emotion-21:

If he were to make a model with the shape of the horn to make it wider, say 30-40 degrees, it would be a great HT speaker. Imagine them in four corners and two side walls standing vertical, and horizontal under the projection screen. Match them with a couple of well placed horn loaded subs. You would have walls of sound... It seems like it would kill anything available.

I'd love to own a column shaped Tuba... some one build them!

Somebody did build one I believe. I thing they hung it in a corner, with the mouth facing the floor. Does anybody remember seeing that?

Yes it was drywalled over to hide.

I have one built myself but don't want to put any finish on it until it sells.

SAM_0081_zps570bbd75.jpgSAM_0084_zps57ff8d84.jpg

Edited by jason str
  • Like 1