Klipsch CF-4 in Cherry

gmjungbluth

For sale one pair of Klipsch CF-4 Series 1 in cherry. In very good shape and sound great. I have another pair of these that I am planning to keep and restore and don't have space for two pairs. 

Pictures below. Happy to answer any questions through a PM.

I'm in the DC metro area and would prefer a local pickup, not shipping.

I'm having a bit of trouble uploading photos here (too big) - please PM for images or see the CL posting I've also put up in DC: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/4651614400.html

Thanks!

G

post-58509-0-02680000-1410010209_thumb.j

post-58509-0-19000000-1410010224_thumb.j

Edited by gmjungbluth
  • Like 1

Update.

I measured the port tubes yesterday and they are 2.5", not 5". I guess this makes this pair series 2 and not 1? Strange because my other pair has te 5" tubes and I think they were made almost the same day in 1994.....

When I bought these I was assured they were all Series 1. Caveat Emptor I guess.

In any case I cannot market these as series 1 anymore. 

You have got to be the only guy in the unique position of directly comparing the sound of the v1 to the v2 !  Who else would have 450 pounds of CF-4 speakers sitting around in the living room?

The "word" or criticism of the v1 was that according to Klipsch owners of the day giving feedback to the company, was that the v1 did not sound very "Klipsch-like."  The v2 supposed brought back that characteristic sound, but I surely couldn't tell you exactly what that means.  I'm sure they both sound great.

Do you have any opinion of the differences in the sound? 

+++

Edit:  If this is a bad question for a sales thread, let me know and I'll delete it.  In any case, I gave you a free bump!  :)

Edited by wvu80

Hard to say what the difference is. I had them all packed in my small living room so a lot of the differences from speaker to speaker was due to room acoustics and placement. Perhaps there was a little more bass in the pair with the 5" tubes. I couldn't see any difference in treble or horn output. Imaging was excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not getting any bites on these anymore. I'm surprised. They sound really really good, and the few people who have been interested have been reall really interested but couldn't make it work for various reasons. 

I'm flexible on price if anyone wants to come see them. I have not been interested in shipping. I thought that the size and dimensions would make shipping a pretty costly proposition. And I've never boxed something this size before and don't want to ruin them en route. Has anyone used a shipping company that can correctly prepare large speakers that might change my mind?

Thanks all!

G

Fleawatt,

Thank you for the offer! Those Khorns look great! Unfortunately I don't have anywhere in my house I could set them up. I used to have a pair of 1990 vintage in Oak that I loved, just couldn't make them work in my space.

I do have someone coming over to look at them Friday with a potential trade.

Good luck with your sale!

G