Klipsch Karma ... The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, The Funny, The Sad

BLSamuel

Started a thread for Klipsch Karma ... we help each other a lot and it comes back around... or maybe those that try to take advantage of the Brothas and Sistas in Klipsch get paid back.

Looking for a padded envelope to shop the prize to the winner of my RTM Take Her Easy contest.  I fond a CD shipper from Tennessee.  Yep, from that pesky, rascally, and lovable, volunteer with an obsession for Marie Osmond, dressed in his best Marie drag, he may think he IS Marie.  And also a rather odd ear lobe fetish. 

RA, his initials to protect the (not so) innocent, aka The Court Jester of The Land o' Klipsch, a very early owner, I'm sure one of the first, top o' the line Custom 3.  Probably has an extra set or 2 squirrelled away in case he loses his in a dice game, or is robbed of them at gun or knifepoint, or the unlikely event that he would destroy them, posted he couldn't use the small ear gels as he his ginormous ear canals (that may have something to do with the unhealthy ear lobe fetish? as the earlobes belong to the Queen o' the land o' Klipsch, aka Klipsch Forum Den Mother emeritus aka cheif Klipsch Forum Cat Header Emeritus...

Anyway Coy-o-tee-o sent me these as he couldn't use them.  Our youngest is the other charter member of SECS ( Small Ear Canal Society ) and maybe the only other member.  Both allegedly using the mythical extra small ear gels.  They really did exist at one time but having been made of unobtanium, the supply has ran out and truly cannot be found.

Karma001.jpg

(fuzzy photo not at all to scale ... small single and small double....)

(sorry for the poor image quality - but the lack ear gels apparently are made of unobtanium as they are no longer available.  Or they cost a few cents more.  P Thump has no idea why but did say they are a bit more thinner and therefore more comfortable.... time to start a "petition" to being back the bad ear gels.) 

So far so good. All good Karma.... and it continues, The winner of Take Her Easy, gets a bonus surprise with his prize. 

I have more I could add to KlipschKarma from the past so will have to wait ... off to get an oil change and run some errands.

#KlipschKarma

#EarLobeFetish

#SECS

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 2

My other half is a SECS member, and we too had to go to quite some length to find the right size for the S3's Indy so kindly awarded us. It was much easier sizing things in the company of P Thump in the library (he had one hell of a tackle box full of the buggers) than through target practice on Amazon, but she finally managed to get the right size.

• Like 2

a very early owner, I'm sure one of the first, top o' the line Custom 3.  Probably has an extra set or 2 squirrelled away in case he loses his in a dice game, or is robbed of them at gun or knifepoint, or the unlikely event that he would destroy them, posted he couldn't use the small ear gels as he his ginormous ear canals (that may have something to do with the unhealthy ear lobe fetish? as the earlobes belong to the Queen o' the land o' Klipsch, aka Klipsch Forum Den Mother emeritus aka cheif Klipsch Forum Cat Header Emeritus...

Anyway Coy-o-tee-o sent me these as he couldn't use them.  Our youngest is the other charter member of SECS ( Small Ear Canal Society ) and maybe the only other member.  Both allegedly using the mythical extra small ear gels.  They really did exist at one time but having been made of unobtanium, the supply has ran out and truly cannot be found.

Well, my pink bedazzled Marie hot-phone just rang, informing me of this thread.

I doubt I was an early/early buyer of Custom 3 but I've had my original pair for a longggggggggggggg time now (and still going strong) (think I got them in 2007?  I know factually, I had them on our vacation in 2008)

You are perceptive in your comment above (bold).  Hearing about all the Custom 3 cords blowing up or kinking....  I bought a second Custom 3.  This second unit was bought so that when I hooked / broke mine on the tractor/backhoe or the wifes high heel....(don't ask)....  I could replace it immediately.

Interestingly, they have hung in there well and my reserve Custom 3 is still sitting unopened in its box.

So, does this mean that someone might need some of the small ear pieces?

I could perhaps gallop to the rescue.  I will even refrain from having you post a picture of your daughters ear lobes as that would be really creepy.  Not for me to ask of course, but for you to do it.  :ph34r:

Do I need to find my unopened box and see if there are some small unobtanium's in there?

• Like 1

a very early owner, I'm sure one of the first, top o' the line Custom 3.  Probably has an extra set or 2 squirrelled away in case he loses his in a dice game, or is robbed of them at gun or knifepoint, or the unlikely event that he would destroy them, posted he couldn't use the small ear gels as he his ginormous ear canals (that may have something to do with the unhealthy ear lobe fetish? as the earlobes belong to the Queen o' the land o' Klipsch, aka Klipsch Forum Den Mother emeritus aka cheif Klipsch Forum Cat Header Emeritus...

Well, my pink bedazzled Marie hot-phone just rang, informing me of this thread.

I doubt I was an early/early buyer of Custom 3 but I've had my original pair for a longggggggggggggg time now (and still going strong) (think I got them in 2007?  I know factually, I had them on our vacation in 2008)

You are perceptive in your comment above (bold).  Hearing about all the Custom 3 cords blowing up or kinking....  I bought a second Custom 3.  This second unit was bought so that when I hooked / broke mine on the tractor/backhoe or the wifes high heel....(don't ask)....  I could replace it immediately.

Interestingly, they have hung in there well and my reserve Custom 3 is still sitting unopened in its box.

So, does this mean that someone might need some of the small ear pieces?

I could perhaps gallop to the rescue.  I will even refrain from having you post a picture of your daughters ear lobes as that would be really creepy.  Not for me to ask of course, but for you to do it.  :ph34r:

Do I need to find my unopened box and see if there are some small unobtanium's in there?

blsamuel, you have a volunteer here. Hope they were obtained from above... :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to take the black one's off your hand of any size.  You might want to try out the smaller size.... just push 'em in further.

Billybob may be interested as well.  I'm not sure for what he's volunteering?

Richard (aka Coytee) is a volunteer in that he lives at least part time I think in TN?) 

P Thump said the black are thinner and more comfortable than the clear.  Look cooler too.  I'm kind of surprised they don't make the gels in colors to match the 'phones.