How loud should the sub be on the SB3 soundbar system?

OrlandoPete

I bought an SB3 used on ebay a few months ago. The reviews always mention how thunderous the bass is from the 10" sub. I have to pin the volume to max on the dial to get what I would call a normal bass output, and I have never put any sub that I have ever owned to the max. I had a 10" Paradigm sub that was too loud for me even halfway on the dial. So, I am starting to wonder if my sub is defective. I would think at max volume, based on the reviews, should be putting out some serious bass. Any other SB3 owners that can chime in on their subwoofer performance?

Also, when I first turn the system on this very strange, creepy sound emits from the sub. It sounds like a camel moaning, I kid you not. Creepy as shit. It does it once every time I turn on the system, and that's it.

if you have doubts and you are getting obvious warning signs then what do you think that you should do? You could wait for something to blow up, that would help make the decision to act a littler easier but probably more expensive I am sure. Servicing the sub is going to cost you more than it is likely worth on the used as shop time is generally in the $75.00 to $100.00 per hour range so it is not likely you will get it fixed for under $125.00. See what you can find used for $100.00 within comfortable driving distance. Best if you act in advance of more serious trouble. Best regards Moray James.

• Moderators
OrlandoPete, on 26 Sept 2014 - 1:04 PM, said: creepy sound emits from the sub. It sounds like a camel moaning, I kid you not.

Sounds like you got the Saudi version of that model, it's a real hit over there. :blink:

Welcome PETE

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1