My Cornwalls for yours?

Hi,

I have a beautiful pair of Cornwall II speakers. I bought them brand new and have treated them well. They are totally stock and sound awesome. I recently aquired K-horns and had to move my Cornwalls to my bedroom. I had to set them up on their side almost touching the ceiling. I have cathedral celings and the speakers are on a shelf and because the horns are now in a vertical position I'm getting reflections off the ceiling. I would like to trade my Cornwalls for an older set of Cornwalls with vertical driverso when I lay them on their side they willn't project the sound on the ceiling. U can email me at frank@nyonline.com

They can be viewed here: http://www.nyonline.com/klipsch/cornwalls.htm

I'd rate them a 9 out of 10.

------------------

My Klipsch Page

www.nyonline.com

This message has been edited by trader on 07-28-2002 at 01:22 PM

Ironically, the hozizontal normally placed CW drivers would actually exhibit BETTER imaging characteristics if placed on their SIDE since the vert units, from all reports, image better! Most people SEEK out the vert units for better imaging. Perhaps I am misreading your post.

ARe you saying you want vert cornwalls so when placed on their side, they would be horizontal?

kh

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

Links system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-28-2002 at 01:30 PM

hey, i will trade you my RB-5's for the cornwalls, hahaha.

i love your setup. the K-Horns make me drool. Even my mother liked the look of the setup, and that means a lot coming from her

------------------

-justin

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Thanks Justin. Mobile, I'm looking for older Cornwalls with vertical horns. My Cornies are too close to the ceiling and I'm getting too many reflections with the speaker on its side. Unfortunately, I don't have any other choices for speaker placmenet. The old wife factor.

------------------

My Klipsch Page

www.nyonline.com

I sure wish it was the other way around! I would trade you in a second if your versions were verticle and had the older drivers w/ Type B crossover. I have been looking for some vintage Vert CW for awhile.

cw_post.jpg

kh

------------------

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

Links system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

Thanks for all the replys.

Mobile: Nice Cornwalls u have there. Mine are birch with a custom stain applied. Have u played around with changing out your capacitors and inductors for better transients? I've never met a woman who is so into audio. I hate to be sexest but I believe tha to be a rarity. What got u into audio. My wife loves good sound but only cares about the end result.

HDR: If u take a look at my link you'll see that there is no room to put my Cornwalls in a vertical position. I don't have the height.

Klipschguy: I have been thinking about tilting the speakers forward. I think that would help some.

TBrennan: I would hate to cut up a perfectly good Cornwall. However, I may pull the compnents and mount them in their own box. But I really don't have room for that either.

------------------

My Klipsch Page

www.nyonline.com

Trader,

I looked at your pics...you have real problems...I see that now...the speakers need to be forward toward the edge of that shelf...but I would venture that you will lose some of the bass doing it...with the speakers that far back from the edge, the sound has no CHOICE but to reflect from those surfaces there...and not radiate out as it should! Give moving them forward to the edge a try...see if it helps on the reflections any...then adjust them from there to see how you can increase bass without moving them back very far.

------------------

I can now receive private messages