My Pretty New Toys

Scrappydue

Scrappy,

Before you mentioned Salk I can honestly say I never heard the name. After reading your thoughts on your upgrade I read the reviews checked out their site and all their models and finishes.

2 words.....Kick ***

Or how about I word and 3***

lol that's too funny.

Yeah they make some very high end offerings. I would live to hear them. I have some Avs buddies who have heard them and said they were the best speakers they had ever heard. But we all

Are just average hoes with average joe paychecks so we all look at bang for your buck and all them guys also believe that no speakers are worth 15,000$. Which I agree.

I am still loving these. They have such a sweetness with any music I've played on them. I need to take them to my basement in a bigger room on a nicer receiver and see what they can do with more power and some room off the walls to improve soundstage and imaging.

Scrappy,

Before you mentioned Salk I can honestly say I never heard the name. After reading your thoughts on your upgrade I read the reviews checked out their site and all their models and finishes.

2 words.....Kick ***

Or how about I word and 3***

lol that's too funny.

Yeah they make some very high end offerings. I would live to hear them. I have some Avs buddies who have heard them and said they were the best speakers they had ever heard. But we all

Are just average hoes with average joe paychecks so we all look at bang for your buck and all them guys also believe that no speakers are worth 15,000$. Which I agree.

I am still loving these. They have such a sweetness with any music I've played on them. I need to take them to my basement in a bigger room on a nicer receiver and see what they can do with more power and some room off the walls to improve soundstage and imaging.

When you getting the SS8 :) They are calling you

post-49590-0-27100000-1414669488_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

Nope not happening. I'm about to tap out on buyin stereo gear. It's never ending. I never sit down and just enjoy my stuff. I am blessed to have what I have right now.

Ha! I have said that so many times to my wife. Word for word  :ph34r: . But I don't think we are hooked on listening. Its the adding and tweaking we love. And sadly thats the expensive part of the hobby lol. 

Edited by Pro-Cinema_Head

something from NAD perhaps? wanted to try their stuff for a while.

Love my old NAD receiver (T763), and I'm currently using it to power my LCR due to the Denon's harshness at higher volumes. NADs just have a wonderful warmth to them; you can find some nice integrated amps on Ebay.

Love my T773 driving my Heresys.  Effortless.

NADs just have a wonderful warmth to them

Now I always felt NAD was spot on neutral but maybe a tiny touch of warmth. :)

Bill

Indeed they do Willland, I gave my sons my old T751 and Nak for their bedroom to drive the Vandersteen 2C's I gave them. They are finally getting a wall mount flat panel for Christmas so I guess I'll be giving them some old JBL control monitors for a 5.1 setup ;)

post-16574-0-91980000-1414680412_thumb.j