WTB: 1970s Marantz Receiver

willum24

I am looking to purchase (or trade for) a Marantz receiver 2230, 2240, 2245, 2270 2275 in excellent or restored shape local to zip code 60098. With or without wooden case. What I have to trade are 2 Emotiva XPA 100 monoblock amplifiers. My newer Onkyo will push my RF-7s and the Marantz will funnel my vinyl to my Klipsch Heresy's. Just would like to try out that warm vintage marantz 70s sound. Let me know what you may have and your asking price, and if you are interested in a trade. Thanks everyone!

I am looking to purchase (or trade for) a Marantz receiver 2230, 2240, 2245, 2270 2275 in excellent or restored shape local to zip code 60098. With or without wooden case. What I have to trade are 2 Emotiva XPA 100 monoblock amplifiers. My newer Onkyo will push my RF-7s and the Marantz will funnel my vinyl to my Klipsch Heresy's. Just would like to try out that warm vintage marantz 70s sound. Let me know what you may have and your asking price, and if you are interested in a trade. Thanks everyone!

I would not be afraid to try out Sansui 9090, 9090DB, or any of their close siblings 8080 etc.  Of course  if you are offered what you're looking for so much the better.  I have the 9090 and the 9090db and Marantz 2325.  I could not tell you which I prefer, but if pressed I might go with 9090DB.

That said I've had a few Marantz from the 70'S.  The only reason I don't still have a 2270 & 2285B, is because I thought they made quality gifts for people I care about.  That and there is only so much room for stereo equip. at home.

just fyi - i have the 2238 and it has no problems pushing RF-7s and think they will handle Heresy's just as well. Those old receives  (even lower rated ones) where well made and packed bigger punch than model number or rating would suggest sometimes.

• Like 1

I have a Marantz 2238 in collector condition that has been boxed up and put away for a few years. It is so mint that's it still has the plastic cover on the face which it came with new. It is also in mint condition ! PM me if you are interested.

Sounds like a very nice unit.  I have found only one unit of that time period. and it had been used and the plastic was not perfect. 

Christmas is coming, time to look for deals for Christmas and birthday and of course the ones given just because you want to give

I am interested  in what you want for it and where do you live.

Got to teach the kids that the older generation was into making good sound with 60's and 70' gear.  Oh  some of the units are even earlier then the 60's sound very good and command premium prices.  My oldest is worth the most of what I have.  But can't complain about these older machines.

Edited by Taz

I have a Marantz 2238 in collector condition that has been boxed up and put away for a few years. It is so mint that's it still has the plastic cover on the face which it came with new. It is also in mint condition ! PM me if you are interested.

Sounds like a very nice unit.  I have found only one unit of that time period. and it had been used and the plastic was not perfect. 

post-27553-0-52660000-1414466407_thumb.j

Nice!  To bad I'm not in the market.  38 watts of Marantz is enough for most uses.   :unsure:

Edited by Taz