Chorus II pricing

StereoRep

I found a pair of Chorus II's for $350 a pair that are in great shape. I'm not real sure which finish it is until I go pick them up but I'll let you know. The serial numbers were sequential so that was a bonus. I may use them for awhile and eventually sell them. I would love to find a pair of reasonable K-horns, but my living room doesn't allow it because of corner locations. I'll gladly settle for La Scala's or Belle's...given I can find them. One of my dealers has a pair of K-horns but he wants $6K for them. They are beautiful, too.

What places do you guys ever see people selling electronics and speakers cheap? I mean like pawn shops, estate sales, etc. Not stores. One of my cohorts in Dallas picks up Mac, Altec, Bozak, etc and refurbishes it and sells it constantly. There has to be some in my area. (Tulsa)

By the way...great forum. I have enjoyed reading and seeing pics of other peoples system that use the original and newer Klipsch speakers. I just had to finally jump in and join you guys!

I paid $270 for my Black '95's.

But one had a fried tweeter and the other a bunk crossover network.

I'm geussing $350 would be a great deal.

Especially if they are in great shape.

If you are a bass monster, then you may want some subwoofer/subwoofers.

The Chorus II's are just a little thin on the bottom end, IMO.

But thats about it, they are dynamic bastards.

I had to kinda get used to my

chorus II's when I first purchased them.

Never had seen a pair of modern day Klipsch's.

My first thought when I seen them was, 'Home Public Address Speakers??!!! Strange.

But now I am used to them.

I like them, and you'll like yours as well.

Ebay?

$350 is a steal. Don't hesitate. If you find a set of K-Horns or LaScala's later, then you will have some Chorus as surrounds. $6K for K-horns is no bargain. They can be found on e-bay for half that. There is a guy in my area that is selling some for around $2500.

Since Doug "piled on" one of my other posts, I'll do the same here. Yes, I love my Chorus IIs and if yours are in good shape, then $350 is a great price. I'd be interested in what finish they are.

Mike is mostly correct, if you are a bass monster, then add a good sub. Realistically, 39Hz is pretty good for those, but I do notice just a bit of bass missing between the Chorus II and my Forte II. However, I think the Chorus IIs are better than the Fortes in the mids/highs. I have the PW-2200 for a sub and it sounds great with both pairs.

Stereo, if you do sell them there will be lots of folks here on the board interested in them; I know I would be. Keep us informed.

What does the speaker look like?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!