FS: Inspire QMB-25 6V6 mono-blocks by Dennis Had with full selection of NOS tubes

Breakdown7

I have decided to sell my mono-blocks due to a recent speaker change. These amps are one of Dennis Had's best designs to date. This pair of QMB-25 6v6 mono-blocks is only a few months old and sold originally for $4000.  If they were selling retail, I would guess them to be priced closer to $8000.  They sound that good! I am offering them for sale here for $SOLD, including full set of NOS tubes from Upscale Audio which cost well over $500. Rated at 25 watts/channel of single-ended, class A power. The upgraded tubes I am including consist an octet (8) NOS Pope 6V6GT's, a pair of NOS Philips 5R4GYS rectifiers, a pair of NOS RCA 6N7's and a new spare octet of Electro-Harmonix 6V6GT's. The amps will be shipped in the original boxes from Dennis Had. Also included is a pair of hospital grade power cords. These amps are hardly ever for sale, and for good reason. AMAZING sounding pair of mono-blocks. These are absolute mint condition, like brand new with no scratches, dings, flaws, etc. 10/10 condition. These will ship in three different boxes...one box for each amp and one box for the tubes and power cords. Shipping will be a flat $75 and please figure in 3% fee if choosing to pay through PayPal.  Let me know if you guys have any questions.

THESE ARE SOLD

post-54981-0-26220000-1415826728_thumb.j

post-54981-0-57580000-1415826805_thumb.j

post-54981-0-40300000-1415826991_thumb.j

post-54981-0-24460000-1415827012_thumb.j

Edited by Breakdown7

Thanks, they really are great amps.  Dennis Had has stated these circuits are one of his best designs to date.  That is really saying something, considering the wonderful gear he designed back when he was founder/president of Cary Audio.  These sold for $4000 directly from Dennis.  If they were sold retail, I have a feeling they would be closer to $8000.  I was using Tyler Acoustics PD-15's and also Klipsch Cornwalls.  Now I have a pair of Legacy Focus 20/20 speakers.  The Legacy speakers have impedance drops down in the 1.5 ohm range during certain low passages.  I am thinking of moving to McIntosh solid state to power these.  Although I haven't made up my mind completely.  If any of you guys have Mac gear, I may consider a trade.  

Anyone interested? I assure you these are wonderful sounding amps.  They blow away just about everything I've ever owned, especially in the overall tone department.  They sound very natural…Class A triode sound is well represented here…I have a one year old in the house and too much stereo gear.  These mono-blocks need to go to a new home.  

• 2 weeks later...