Projector Suggestions (under $3000)

Youthman

• Moderators
Cant he just pay in cash? And you could buy it now and he would pay the total you paid when he can.

I was referring to this statement.  I thought you meant he pay B&H in cash but you were referring to him pay me back in cash after I purchase it from B&H.  Is that what you meant?

• Moderators

Yes, there's always that possibility but I developed his original website in exchange for him buying me my previous RF-83's and he held true to his word.  I have also developed a very good working relationship with him as he had me sell some of his inventory a few years back.  He trusts me completely in the fact that he would let me take any of the inventory I was selling home to photograph and list on craigslist and play with while I had it in my possession. 

At one point I figured I had around $10,000 of inventory in my vehicle (Velodyne DD12, B&W Speakers, Rotel Receivers & Pre/Pros etc) that he trusted me completely with.  So I say that to say I have no doubts that he will follow through with what he says he will do.  Plus, I have already begun redesigning his website and he asked that I continue to work on it.  So it's pretty much a done deal. 

And I don't have a desire to tie up $1600 of my money just to get it now. I'm patient and have no problem waiting a month or so. I believe Wakejunkie is about to start on the new front wall so it will be on schedule with the rebuild.

Being patient is the best option. I get crap a lot about not having something up and running by people and my wife included but I have been patient the last year while making the massive upgrade first with the 4 18" subs and then the recessed shelf, then the AT screen and finally the anamorphic lens. When it was all said and done I still had to wait on some electrical and then I had to go all OCD and make sure it was all done to perfection and you know what Youth? I'm glad I did. It turned out to be what I really envisioned when I started the project this year of upgrading and It had made me even more patient. Me and you are a lot alike in this regard.

• Moderators
I'm glad I did. It turned out to be what I really envisioned when I started the project this year of upgrading and It had made me even more patient. Me and you are a lot alike in this regard.

Your patience has certainly paid off.  I was one of those on the other side of the fence saying, "I can't believe you have those incredible subs and haven't even turned them on yet" LOL. 

A1UC, I love the look of that shelf!  Very cool.  Never seen one like that before.  The photo actually brings up a question that I had.....with the projector that high to the ceiling, did you have to use a lens shift to get the image lower?  I would have thought any projector up that high would need to be upside down since the typical image of a projector shoots upwards which would put the image partially on your ceiling.  My new projector will be mounted in the wall so I was trying to figure out if I needed to invert it like it is now or if upright would work.

• Moderators
I have no issue at all with that height

It seems like if you had the projector sitting on a table, the image would naturally shoot at an upward angle, not with the top of the image being horizontal with the top part of the projector.  Was just wondering if you had to adjust the image to move it down like with a lens shift.