pre suggestions...

Schu

Looking for folks suggestions on a pre. The NAD master series looks very nice (both the discontinued M15 and the new M17), but perhaps there is a balance out there between quality and price... so lets hear about them.

Here is what I require:

HDMI 2.0

Room correction

I would be using separates and a stand alone DAC, so having a unit that doesn't have those extras might mean more money for things that matter.

Currently,I am just running everything thru pre outs on a Pioneer... should I just keep doing the same? I think I want a stripped down system for sonice sake, but I still want the ability to process multi channel and have ability to handle 4k and hdmi 2.0...

PRIMARY usage is critical listening or 2 channel and multi channel music... secondarily is Home theater.

Looking for folks suggestions on a pre. The NAD master series looks very nice (both the discontinued M15 and the new M17), but perhaps there is a balance out there between quality and price... so lets hear about them.

My NAD T175HD is probably 90 to 95% same as the NAD M15HD with the main difference being cosmetics/chassis.  Also which video and audio card on board may determine more differences.  

The M17 looks sweeeeet.

Here is what I require: HDMI 2.0 5.1 4k Room correction

Neither the M15HD or M17 currently support HDMI 2.0/4K but my understanding is that NAD will be coming out with a new module(not confirmed) that will be compatible with both sometime in 2015.

Both do 5.1/7.1 and have Audyssey MultEQ XT.

PRIMARY usage is critical listening or 2 channel and multi channel music... secondarily is Home theater.

Then NAD is an awesome choice if those are your main goals. 

Bill

Edited by willland

Then NAD is an awesome choice if those are your main goals.

Bill

See... here is my quandry. I want the pre to have no effect, as in invisible. Edited by Schu

I just use my Pioneer SC 35 for everything.  It is not 4k but, I don't have a 4 K TV yet.  I am not experimenting in the avr/pre pro department until this thing breaks or really becomes long in the tooth on functionality.  I guess I just love the SC 35 and it has been great to build everything else around it.  I think I have changed every piece of gear since joining the forum in the fall of 2011, except the SC 35.