FS: Klipsch Pro Audio KI-272 pair ($400) lowered!

plissken99

I am selling a pair of KI-272 speakers. These are really incredible speakers, I was planning to use them as rear channels but I need to go in another direction. These could easily be used as mains though! They are in really nice condition, the last pic shows the only significant damage to either of them.

As you can see in a pic, they use SpeakOn connections, I am including a pair of adapters so you can hook up speaker wire to them easily. I am located in Colorado Springs, I'd be willing to drive 2 hours in any direction to meet up. I can ship them, but you have to pay actual shipping cost, and these guys weigh in at 60lbs shipping weight. Contact me with any questions.

http://www.klipsch.com/ki-272

post-12103-0-96440000-1417544414_thumb.j

post-12103-0-49720000-1417544472_thumb.j

post-12103-0-54000000-1417544494_thumb.j

post-12103-0-40200000-1417544512_thumb.j

Edited by plissken99
  • Like 1

These are a very flexible speaker, they have the three-way slant for use as stage floor monitors, usually have stand cups for pole mounting as mid-sized mains. The 262/272 speakers were particularly voiced for 'voice' ( as they were used in church installations), although a 2-way without separate tweeter like their big brother KP362, the network is pro all the way and presents a big smooth sound. Compare favorably with KP250, KP262, or KSM12. 

they're pretty bulky for wall mounting, deeper than even a Heresy. You'd have to use a Omnimount 60.0 or similar, which would hold it off the wall a further 5" or so. 

For home surround PRO speakers you'd probably want to select from 101, 172, KPT150 or KPT250. 

They have rigging points for pro use yes. Rigging points are secured threaded openings that allow attachment points to interior metal L brackets that keep the cabinet from disassembling under it's own weight. So yes you could hang them. Trying to rig them to a fixed position from a wall mount would require some fabrication however. I could see where you might be able to bolt the back of cabinet to a plywood panel and then attach that directly to a wall if you had to. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...