Klipsch KG4 8" woofer surrounds

Slappey

I sure hope someone on the forum knows of a suitable surround for the 8" drivers in Kg 4's

Where ever you are check to see if there is a quality pro re cone shop within driving distance. Call them and discuss. You may find that having two new surrounds will cost you more than you want to pay. Yes you should install matching surrounds. If it is all more than you think it is worth you can part out all your parts, crossovers woofers horns everything even the cabinet if you can find someone to take them. You can make more on just the parts than you could ever selling your speakers in full working condition and then with cash in hand you can start fresh.

If you are set on sticking with the KG series try the KG 5.5 as life is best at the top of the food chain. If you want better than that then look for a set of CF3 or CF4 you won't be sorry as they both share the largest wide band horn in a Klipsch home loudspeaker. A pair of KLF20 or KLF30 could also rock your world but many have baffle adhesive issues to consider so be aware. If you want more than that then look to Altec and JBL for superior quality parts to get you there or to Klipsch Pro any of these three options can and will rock hard for you. Good luck and best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

I sure hope someone on the forum knows of a suitable surround for the 8" drivers in Kg 4's

I had KG4s with torn surrounds on the 8" drivers. I took them to a speaker repair shop and after a month of serching they could not find a replacement surround material that would work.. They suggested getting replacement drivers on the bay, which is what I did.

• Like 1

On my previous pair, I was able to use a generic foam surround to redo one. Maybe not identical to stock, but it worked and sounded fine. I guess it doesn't matter now since you you found one on Ebay lol! Enjoy, great sounding and nice looking speakers.

Edited by absolve2525