Which is better to have RF-83 or RF-7II

dks5276

You really need to audition some RF 7II speakers.  They are great speakers but, so are the RF 83's.  Because of personal taste, it is hard for us to tell you which speaker to go with.  The thread by youthman might make you an owner of 3 sets up speakers.

Edited by derrickdj1

okay, love the thread youthman, nice pics too, so let me ask the same question in a different way...i could probably sell my rf83's for say $1000 and rf7ii's i can from research score from anywhere from $1800-2300 for a pair,....you said you chose the rf7ii but is the sound difference worth a $1000 out of pocket expense or keep what i have?

I would not IMHO.  If the sound is not exactly what you are looking for in the  83's.  I would work on the setup and room.

i like my 83's, im just mulling over the idea of upgrading if its even an upgrade...im looking to get rear floor standing speakers, will rf42 be enough with the rf83 and rc64 in front? or should i go rf52,62,82? i had 82 for the rear or what i thought i was rf82 when best buy had them marked at 225 each but through research found out they werent the same they were instead the r28f, reference wanna bes 

im strictly using these fro HT not music

Edited by dks5276