Ancient Cornwall Verticals ML-15 Portland, OR $1000

mungkiman

I have K-1000 horns in my '59 Shorthorn pair, and like the sound, though I tend to listen at low volumes. The Shorthorn speakers have Stephens TruSonic 103LX 15" woofers in them, and University SAHF mid-drivers.

Perhaps this seller would be willing to take a picture of the innards through the slots in the back?

we've talked about these before on here. i would own them if i could use Schu's famous line :D

Mahogany - has to be the finest veneer along with Brazilion rosewood

I live in Portland...

i never did understand what you meant when you posted this

these were posted on here a while back f/s

Edited by Budman

we've talked about these before on here. i would own them if i could use Schu's famous line :D

Mahogany - has to be the finest veneer along with Brazilion rosewood

I live in Portland...

i never did understand what you meant when you posted this

these were posted on here a while back f/s

Schu always says "I would buy those if they were closer" . A Brazilion best wishes to you all for Christmas. Best regards Moray James.

Frzninvt and Audible Nectar,

Thanks to both of you for thinking about me regarding these historic Cornwalls. I tried to pull up the Craigslist ad today, but it has expired. Did anyone save photos? I'm not able to own these myself, as I have been downsizing my assortment of audio gear in the interest of household harmony. I traded my last pair of vertical Cornwalls to a friend a few months ago in exchange for some help with metal work on my non-audio projects.

Sorry I have been absent for a while, but I'm still an enthusiaistic Klipsch fan. My Cornwalls are gone, but I still have Klipschorns, Belles, Heresy's, and RF-7's to listen to so I'm in good shape! I was laid off from my job last month, so I'm closing the book on my career and looking forward to focusing primarily on music and health in the years ahead. 

Audible Nectar--thanks for your very kind comments about our transaction years ago. It was so great meeting you and your family and friends back then, and the next time you come back to the Northwest for a visit please drop me a line.

Most of my Cornwalls wound up being sold to local friends, and I still get to visit and hear them "sing" on occasion. As many of the folks on the Forum have helped me with audio advice and equipment over the years, it's always good karma to share the Klipsch experience with local newbies. Best wishes to all you Klipschophiles for the New Year!

triceratops

Edited by triceratops
  • Like 1

hey triceratops, i didn't save them and saw they were gone a few days ago.

i can't remember if we had any transactions over the years but i do remember you and your forum name. if you don't mind can you PM me your location

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

your comments on the sound of the K1000 would be most welcome. I would not personally be interested in running a fifteen inch woofer up to meet a 1K horn myself not much of a plan. As a vintage speaker these do look great. Best regards Moray James.
PWK did it -- the 15WK was quite capable of 1K, and it had good sound in a Shorthorn.  I had a 15" Model T once.