How much does the display improve the sound of this product?

JL Sargent

Was at Sams Club today and I noticed this klipsch product. Interestingly the display itself is a horn. It is setup so you can connect your phone and try it out. Wonder how much the display adds to the experience? It is a horn after all.

post-32707-0-35460000-1419367712_thumb.j

Edited by JL Sargent

I bought my son one for Christmas also. Sam's $149.99. The display was not working, so I have no idea how it sounds yet.

There was a similar Bose at another store about the same size sitting in a display that was hard below and behind. It definitely sounded different when I picked it up. The bass went away without the quarter space loading. I can only imagine how much a horn like that would influence the sound. Probably a lot.

I'll tell you how I felt about the gig. I payed 175$ on amazon and i felt it wasn't worth that price so I returned it. Bought the Bose soundlink mini at the same time for 200$. Thought it sounded a little better as it had more bass but didn't go as loud which was a big minus for me as I wanted it for work in a shop environment. So they both went back.

Fast forward a couple months. Looked up kmc-3 and found them selling for 200$ on amazon and the kmc-1 for 140$. I was all over it as the kmc was the same size as what I had but I wanted portable lithium battery.

The kmc-1 does not disappoint. Worth every penny. I'd even have been ok with it at 200$ It is much louder than the gig and looks better as well. Battery lasts longer. More bass also. It's fantastic. And the fact that I can charge my phone off the internal battery is awesome. Lots of time I am charging a drill or something and phone is about dead. Plug it in and charging while I can still charge tools on my single plug in my cart.