I may try out some new RF7ll's

CHASLS2

I'm thinking about a second SVS PC13 but just a little bit concerned about tripping a breaker. It's a 15 amp breaker and having 2 of the 13 ultras, plus a 1000W power amp connected to one breaker, it makes me think it will trip or not deliver the proper power requirements. Electrician gurus, chime in

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1274915&page_number=1

If you're good with the maths, see page 2 for the example. Run those numbers for all your amps assuming the 1,000 watt one is class D (or just look that one up) then add them together. :)

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

The 80 amp draw was under test condition and the I Nuke was not behaving well.  This type of current draw will not happen with movies and music in the typical home.  A typical 15A breaker can swing around 3000 watts+ for a short duration.  I split the HT on two 15A breakers.  Each breaks has an I Nuke 6000,I Nuke 3000, and  the TV ,  Acurus power amp, yaquin VK 2100 amp, avr, BDP, ect are split between the two breakers.  I tripped the breaker when I had an electric fireplace on one of the 15A breakers.

15A breakers are OK for many HT.  The interesting thing with the I Nuke is that the limiters may not kick before the amp goes into protection mode.  From reading that web link, the Power disturbution was not 50/50 for channnel A and B under a heavy load.  I think I ran into this with the I Nuke 1000 driving my bass shakers.  Channel B would go into protection mode with no hpf.

Edited by derrickdj1

You sub is fine power wise.  If the breaker keep tripping call an electrician.  It may be defective and needs to be tested with a meter.  Also, multiple outlets can share a breaker even though they are far apart.  I had to have an electrician out to put in my second 15 amp circuit.  I was running everything on one outlet and the breaker would shut down.  He put a meter on it and the breaker/circuit was defective.

My current breaker never trips, my thoughts are if that I add another 1000w sub to the mix, it very well could. Again, worse case, I could run it to another room (ie:breaker). Youthman, just checked out your vids. Love it! (color me jealous) Actually, my amp and my sub are straight to the wall omitting my power conditioner due to manufacturer recommendation.   

I understand however, will limited power choke the subs or anything in the chain (even if it doesn't trip?)

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=02&id=ELITE-15PFi

Get one of those if you're worried about it being choked, that's exactly what its for.  Supposedly gives you an extra more than 45 amps on big dynamic peaks.  I can actually sell these things but haven't tried one yet.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters